The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor – ITFC
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Project: MMC Maiduguri, Borno
Management lines: Cleaners & Cook
Line Manager: Medical Reference
Mission and Main Activities
- The ITFC Clinical Doctor is responsible for ensuring quality medical care for malnourished children in accordance with the inpatient national Nigerian guideline.
Consultations and Medical Round Visits:
- Organizes a medical consultation on admission to the
- ITFC Ensures that triage is carried out according to the patient’s emergency and vulnerability criteria
- Verifies compliance of admission to ITFC
- Refers emergency cases to the inpatient department and reorients non-urgent patients if necessary
- Decides to change phase or exit the child
- Performs a detailed consultation of the patient according to the treatment protocols and notes the observations on the folder record
- Initiates a rational prescription.
- Ensures the daily visits in the service:
- Examines all hospitalized patients
- Indicates and prescribes the care and treatment, respecting the protocols in order to rationalize the use of the drugs
- Maintains up-to-date hospital records by accurately reporting examinations, diagnoses and treatments and ensuring compliance with the prescription
- Constantly score the signs of tuberculosis in children whose clinical condition requires it;
- Requests for para-clinical examinations as required;
- Evaluates the clinical evolution of the patients and decides the phase and the type of milk with the dose to be given;
- Decides on the patient’s discharge according to his or her state of health.
- Works in collaboration with the different doctors and supervises transfers to other services if necessary
- Ensure compliance with transfusion rules in the service (cross-match, tests …)
- Ensures the supervision and the continuing training of the medical / paramedical team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Manages the emergencies and ensures the guards
- Ensure that professional secrecy and free health care are respected
- Participates in the review of morbidity and mortality.
- Participates in medical meetings and service meetings.
- Promotes the exchange of information in its field of activity.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data.
- Ensures the proper functioning of the ITFC activities (triage, references, space…)
- Ensures compliance with treatment protocols (national protocol) especially medical prescriptions
- Ensure the rational use of medicines and other medical equipment.
- Ensures that medical confidentiality is maintained and that the patient is properly informed of his or her illness and treatment within the ITFC.
- Works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and participates in the continuous training of the staff (techniques of care, updating protocols …).
Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
- Essential Degree in Medicine (Doctor) is mandatory
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine, Nutrition and Paediatrics will be an asset
- Essential 2 years of experience in tropical medicine, Nutrition and inpatient healthcare setup, pediatrics and or ITFC management experience in conflict or IDPs setup.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, outlook)
- Essential 5 years of experience in relevant jobs, in ALIMA or others Medical NGO’s in developing countries.
- Have at least 3 years of practice experience in management of Nutrition, Health and Sexual Reproductive Health
- Have experience of worked in difficult/insecurity area
- Strategic vision
- People Management
- Teamwork, flexible
- Knowledge of management of pharmacy
- Training skills
- Well organized and good negotiation and communication skill
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Fluency in English, (written and spoken) is mandatory and Kanuri, Hausa and Fulbe are asset.
Deadline: 17th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.