McPherson University is a vision driven private university approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria, with its take off site in Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State. The University envisions a world of unlimited opportunities and boundless human potential through the offering of pragmatic innovative education that ensures full personal development and discovery, engenders creativity, and promotes skills acquisition from varieties of learning experiences to build a total person prepared for leadership.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Reader (MUTSSS 6)
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
Faculty: Basic Medical Sciences
Department: Nursing Science
- Candidates must possess a good honours Degree and a Ph.D. Degree in the relevant subject area from a recognised University with at least 8 years of post-qualification, teaching, research or postgraduate supervision.
- Candidates must have record of substantial scholarly publications in reputable local / international journals and evidence of postgraduate supervision, and ability to initiate and develop research.
- In addition, candidates must possess a good measure of academic leadership, teamwork as well as some administrative experience in working with interdisciplinary groups.
- Applicants must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Applicants must possess a good First Degree and Master’s Degree with specialization in Medical Surgical Nursing / Community Health Nursing / Maternal and Child-Health Nursing.
- Ph.D Degree in the above specializations will be an added advantage.
Salary and Allowances
The Salary and allowances attached to this post are attractive. We run a remuneration package which is comparable to what obtain in public Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 24th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 10 copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, and photocopies of credentials. The format of the Curriculum Vitae must indicate the following:
- Full Name and Surname in capital letters
- Post desired and Department
- Place and Date of birth
- Nationality / State of Origin / Local Government Area
- Current postal address
- G.S.M Phone number and Email address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and Ages of Children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualification with dates
- Important relevant conference / Workshop attended with dates / Paper presented
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with class of degree
- Work experience including details of former and present post and salary
- Research interest – showing details
- List of publications in details showing date of publication
- Extracurricular activities
- Names and addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
KM 96, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Seriki Sotayo,
P.M.B 2094, Abeokuta,
Important Information and Notice
- The Referee’s report should be sealed and submitted along with the application. Two (2) of the referee must be authorities in the candidates’s area of specialization.
- The post applied for and the department must be indicated at the top left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.