Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Product Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Reports to: Lead Platform Architect
- As a Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga, you will be responsible for broad technical design, implementation and administration of numerous platform services on Paga’s cloud infrastructure.
- You will be expected to be able to effectively assume independent ownership for the operation of significant components or areas of the cloud infrastructure, to successfully help the organization scale efficiently, and cost-effectively.
To be an effective Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga you must:
- Be able to quickly grasp abstract concepts and translate them into appropriately cloud systems solutions.
- Be comfortable taking ownership for broad and important areas of cloud solution design and implementation.
- Be a core business resource for both decision making in the business that has platform relevance.
- Be meticulous about scripting and testing solutions to foster knowledge transfers, scalability and repeatability.
- Be a “performance maven”, focused on highly-performant delivery of system resources in as cost-efficient a manner as possible.
- Clearly understand and effectively weigh business trade-offs in decision-making.
- Be able to multitask well and be comfortable juggling multiple product-development streams at once. Be comfortable with rapid change and be comfortable taking ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment.
- Have a passion for quality and an ability and willingness to grow the ability of others in your team to meet those standards. Drive quality delivery across teams with which you work.
- Communicate clearly and transparently.
- Be comfortable operating at both a high and deep-dive (low) levels of abstraction.
- Vision & Strategic Leadership – Help develop and grow the technical vision for the Paga platform and engage meaningfully in the strategic development of the overall business. Engage directly in business strategic leadership when it relates to platform solutions
- Broad-scoped Technical Ownership – Independently own/oversee major areas of the cloud platform infrastructure including planning, architecting, operating, monitoring. Own responsibility for key delivery criteria such as availability, performance, reliability, cost, security and maintainability for large portions of the cloud infrastructure.
- Technical Leadership – Provide technical leadership to foster a motivated and productive small team of platform engineers. Contribute continuously to the professional growth of other more junior peers. Provide broad-scoped yet in-depth review of the work of teammates and reports.
- Process Leadership –Drive development and improvement of technical product development processes in collaborations with the other product development teams.
- Partner Engagement – Working effectively with industry/ecosystem partners to accomplish business goals related to the platform.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- A Degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years continuous experience working on enterprise platform engineering and 2+ years of cloud platform implementation/administration
- While we use an increasingly diverse software and platform stack, the following technologies and skills are most heavily used and therefore important to have some experience in:
- Azure cloud services and management
- Kubernetes & Docker containerization frameworks, deployment & management
- Java application deployment and Tomcat
- Infrastructure as code practices
- Microservice architecture concepts
- Relational DB architecture and administration (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Application performance monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online