The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC)
Location: Cross River
Reporting Line: State Director
- The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States.
- Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Develop effective behavior change strategies and tools targeting key populations including branding and market segmentation strategies social media campaigns, and training materials, counseling tools, job aids, etc., to support demand creation for condoms.
Task and Responsibilities
- Formative research on end users for the development of the targeted SBCC programming
- Work with key stakeholders in country to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy and related guidelines and tools that will facilitate the demand creation for condom use.
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of interventions
- Conduct capacity building activities to increase the effectiveness of implementing partners and CSOs to implement demand creation programming for condoms among key populations
- Implement a monitoring and quality assurance plan for program implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Social S al Sciences
- 5 – 7 years of experience in implementing social and behavior change communication programs.
- Experience with USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Experience in HIV prevention targeted to vulnerable populations
- Experience in social and behavior change communication, community development, and training of civil society organizations on HIV/AIDS programming
- Experience in implementing and assessing innovative approaches in demand generation programming for HIV prevention
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, cross cultural and collaborative.
We have a competitive compensation package.
Deadline: 30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must explicitly state their full names with the position and location applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Leave a Reply