Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst, FCSO
Job ID: 2200024535
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
Support the Country Head of FCSO to:
- Set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the Country, consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Input to the design of the Country operating model, FCC Framework and relevant business processes.
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country for necessary FCC controls and oversight.
- Support the implementation of the FCSO strategy by escalating appropriate FCC and AML surveillance issues and executing activities in line with guidance documents, Group requirements and regulatory expectations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of bank products across all segments (i.e. retail, commercial, private, correspondent banking and trade) and the ability to execute end-to-end investigations across all segments.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Day to day processing of Production Orders in a timely manner within agreed TAT’s whilst maintaining Quality Control/Quality Assurance results in line with Group and local expectations.
- Support Country Head FCSO/Regional Head FCSO with any complex investigations as required.
- Ensure accuracy and veracity of management information and reports.
- Support Head FCSO/Regional Head FCSO in conducting FCC assurance tests with the aim of verifying that Transaction Monitoring, Surveillance and other FCC functions are performed in line with the group’s policy and the Departmental Operating Instructions and report on findings to Management.
- Performance of Weekly, Quarterly and Monthly controls execution.
- Responding to production order that come from regulators timely.
- To support the Head FCSO/Regional Head FCSO in coordinating GIA audit of FCC functions (AML, Sanctions, ABC) by ensuring timely provision of GIA requirements
People and Talent:
- Promote a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Ensure forward planning, prioritization, deadline management, streamlined workflows and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Individual accountability for Learning and Development Plans and execution.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to List Management, CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Inform Line Manager / Senior Management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
- Partner with legal counsels for advice on technical matters.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements, and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCSO under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Collate, analyses and interpret data in reports.
- Analyze and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and support in remediation actions within the FCSO function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Collaborate within the FCSO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country FCC and Compliance teams
- Sanctions teams
- Direct manager and countersigning manager
- Head of FCSO
- Embed “Here for good” and the Group’s brand and values in the team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance and training to relevant value chain stakeholders (e.g. Country FCSO, New Joiners) when and as needed as directed by Country Head FCSO.
- Provide back up support to Country FCSO team colleagues as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Relevant qualifications such as ACAMs and FCC training academy
Deadline: 10th October, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online