Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Ltd. (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Planning Engineer
Location: Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Civil Planning Engineer will be responsible for defining the specific activities taking into consideration the Master Project Schedule, as well as labour, material and equipment availability throughout the length of the project within the allocated budget.
- Responsible for implementing modifications to provide a cost effective planning service within assigned budget constraints.
- To define the specific activities taking into consideration the Master Project Schedule and detailing the civil schedule inline with master project schedule.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in planning Oil & Gas industry Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Project Management modification and maintenance projects using computer based planning and scheduling techniques.
- Prepare Level 2 Project Schedule to serve as a basis and guide by subcontractors in making Level 4 detailed work schedule.
- Check the planning package submittal by the sub-contractor and recommend the management for it approval as the project baseline.
- Collecting the daily, weekly and monthly reports from subcon and sharing the feedback to Lead planning engineer in order to send the combined report to client.
- Review actual progress submittal by the subcontractors which include the Actual progress S-Curve & Manpower Histogram that will be compared to the approved Baseline.
- Plan and forecast work schedule of weekly, monthly work and set productivity to be achieved.
- Maintain the Baseline Schedule. Update the current schedule periodically and analyze the effect of any proposed changes and any additional activities in the project
- Update the management for any schedule variances.
- To monitor the progress of projects.
- Submit to the Management periodic progress report. Which composed of overall accumulated progress, Earned Values and Look ahead schedule for weekly progress and management tool.
- Prepare progress analysis explaining “cause and effect” of variances incurred in the project.
- Coordinate with Lead project planner to ensure that civil progress is inline with project schedule.
- Providing the weekly and monthly targets to area lead engineers and Engineers. Monitoring the progress against the target provided.
- Take periodic walk around at the project site to check actual work progress and also take progress photo for file and presentation to the management.
- To initiate and undertake action to prevent the occurrence of non- conformity.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 8 – 10 years Project Planning experience in Oil/Gas and Petrochemical Industries.
- Demonstrate Project Planning software of P6 operating expertise.
- Ability to apply Critical Path Method planning techniques to develop detail Engineering and Installation Project networks and schedules.
Deadline: 20th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Civil Planning Engineer” as the subject of the mail.