DeFi Planet is a digital platform focused on Blockchain Technology, Cryptocurrencies, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi). Our vision is to serve as a globally-trusted source of Blockchain, Crypto & DeFi Intelligence. Our purpose is to inform and educate investors, technologists, policymakers and enthusiasts from traditional professional sectors about blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and decentralized finance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crypto Journalist / Reporter
- Creating high-quality and original News content for a digital publication on Web3 including Blockchain Technology, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), and the Crypto-economy.
- Responsible for writing engaging, informative, succinct, and concise News articles about the crypto economy.
- Conduct interviews with guest writers & speakers and contributors to the publication. Proactively identify and reach out to potential guest contributors.
- Report and write stories about developments in the crypto/blockchain/DeFi/Web3 sector and their implications.
- Research and curate trending news/happenings on Crypto, DeFi, Blockchain and Web3 (from credible sources), and share with the writers & editors for content development.
- Conduct in-depth research into crypto-related topics, including blockchain projects, crypto platforms, DeFi protocols, NFTs, DAOs, crypto gaming, crypto metaverses, etc., and track emerging trends in the blockchain sector.
- Draft scripts for DeFi Planet Weekly Newsletter, and for our audio podcast show, ‘DeFi Planet Podcast’.
- Draft posts for our social media channels. Draft snippets of web content on public directories like Medium, Discord & Quora.
- Use analytics data and SEO research to understand what our users want and seek to fill gaps in the market.
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory and public policy developments in the crypto space, including regulation and CBDCs.
- Use data and SEO research to understand what our users want and seek to fill gaps in the market.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop the business, expand into new areas and build positive 3rd party relationships. Proactively join social media channels of blockchain firms and reach out to develop relationships.
- Producing top-quality articles and research pieces.
- Degree in a relevant area e.g. English, Journalism, Media, English Literature, Economics, Finance, Law, etc.
- Native English speaker with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and content marketing.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Journalist, Reporter, content writer, editor, or researcher. A background in online journalism or content creation.
- An excellent grasp of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- An enthusiastic individual who is passionate about technology, innovation, blockchain, and the crypto economy.
- Experience of writing in English for a digital publication. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to synthesise and write clear, compelling News articles.
- Passionate about the potential for Blockchain technology to disrupt the existing order and democratize financial services, governance models, and large scale social interaction.
- Keenness to develop an in-depth understanding of specific Blockchain projects.
- Ability to write in an objective manner and present both sides of an argument convincingly.
- Strong interest in understanding the Legal and Regulatory Developments in the DeFi & Crypto environment.
- Strong interest in understanding Technologies and their Public Policy implications.
- Good understanding of SEO.
- Experience in presenting or writing/editing for a Crypto or DeFi publication.
- Knowledge of Public Policy, Legal and Regulatory Developments in the DeFi & Crypto sector.
- Demonstrable experience in growing brand audiences in previously held positions.
- Curiosity & self-motivation
- Pro-active / “can do” attitude
- Desire to add long-term business value.
- Ambition to become a respected voice in the Blockchain/Crypto/DeFi world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.