The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Exams Invigilator
Locations: Abuja, (Warri, Asaba, Sapele) Delta, (Oshogbo) Osun, (Owerri) Imo, (Uyo) Akwa Ibom, (Abakaliki) Ebonyi, (Abeokuta) Ogun, (Akure) Ondo, (Awka) Anambra, (Benin) Edo, (Calabar, Ikom) Cross River, Enugu, (Ibadan) Oyo, (Ilorin) Kwara, Kaduna, Kano, (Lagos Island) Lagos, (Minna) Niger, (Port Harcourt) Rivers and (Yenagoa) Bayelsa
About the Position
- We are looking for suitably qualified candidates to ensure that any test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met.
- The post holder will be part of the Nigeria Exams team.
- The post holder will be part of a wider pool of test day personnel, contracted to support the delivery of a variety of tests on behalf of the British Council across various locations in the country.
- The post holder will be required to work very closely with a team of other test day personnel and test day service providers.
- English language level of B1 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing skills) or equivalent (e.g. Cambridge English PET, IELTS 5)
- Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Customer Service: Experience of responding to children/ young adults and parents’ needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality.
- Previous invigilator experience
- Awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23:59 PM: 11th October, 2022.
- Existing right to live and work in Nigeria.
- Application questions must be completed honestly; if questions are not completed with true valid information, you will be disqualified
- Please include your preferred location in your application