The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Akwa Ibom
Level of Effort: Full Time
- Serve as the principal administrative and support.
- Work ranges from office support assignments to performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and judgment.
- Communication and public contact are major components of job, both internal and external to the organization.
- Work requires contact with all levels of management and staff within the organization, client representatives, government agencies and vendors.
- Serves as a liaison between Chief Executive Officer, reporting units and other business areas and external agencies for the purpose of relaying instructions and information and following commitments through to completion.
- Manages and monitors a variety of information impacting the Chief Executive Officer’s responsibilities and priorities.
- Exercises delegated authority to speak on behalf of the Chief Executive Officer regarding a variety of administrative matters.
- Identifies and resolves problems that would not require Chief Executive Officer’s direct involvement.
- May attend meetings in Chief Executive Officer’s absence to provide and/or obtain information.
- Research, develop and draft letters, memos, or reports to for the Chief Executive Officer’s review.
- Edits documents to incorporate information and ideas specific to the Chief Executive Officer’s and/or activities within the overall organizational unit or division.
- Screens calls and visitors to determine appropriate course of action.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Bachelor’s Degree, or its international equivalent or higher in administration, or other relevant field preferred;
- Typically requires a minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis and/or related experience in order to handle budgetary task.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Non-Profit or health-related field experience preferred.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- Must have experience working with international development organization projects and staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Hausa and other local languages will be an advantage;
Deadline: 22nd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must explicitly state your Full Names, the Position of interest with prefered location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.