ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Head of Finance on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria’s communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners, donors and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Sound practical knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High sense of Integrity
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Finance Officer – Maiduguri”) as the subject of the email.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
Leave a Reply