Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Specialist – Nigeria IHP
Ref No: req15194
Project Overview and Role
- Nigeria Integrated Health Program (NIHP) is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- IHP is recruiting for an HR Specialist to serve as part of the Project Management Unit within the Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) team. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Project Director and the management of the Senior Manager, Project Delivery, for the management and delivery of Nigeria IHP.
- The specific purpose of the position is to support the management of effective and efficient recruitment and human resources (HR), financial, and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies and client rules and regulations.
- The HR Specialist will support the IHP project management team in implementing recruitment and HR services in support of the project personnel needs.
- The HR Specialist is a valued member of the team completing a variety of substantive and administrative recruitment and human resources tasks that are critical to high-quality project management.
- Initially focused on learning the basics of recruitment and HR management, this role works closely with the HR Manager, Project Delivery; Director of Finance and Administration, and Senior Operations Manager at the Abuja Country Office to be trained in these duties and best practices.
- Over time, the Specialist should apply that learning to complete tasks independently and build competencies and skills in preparation to take on manager-level roles in project delivery or other functional areas of Palladium’s business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the use of HR systems, policies, and processes and administration including data input, validation, and reporting
- Coordinate input and support from HR for recruitment for CCN key and non-key personnel as needed
- Coordinate project staff recruitment and due diligence (i.e., posting job descriptions, due diligence, compliance spot checks, biodata verification, record retention, and contract preparation, onboarding, and offboarding)
- Collaborates with Headquarters HR and IT on new hire HR set-up and email address creation
- Support with training of new hires on IHP HR processes and protocols
- Coordinates compliance related activities including Timesheet completion and submission and Compliance Course completion
- Coordinate performance review cycle key and non-key staff and contract renewals for non-key staff
- Maintain project data on relevant systems for long-term and short-term staff and consultants
- Maintain personnel files for long-term and short-term staff including creating and managing files
- Maintain organizational charts and Recruitment/HR trackers for IHP
- Support the mobilization and demobilization of all staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting, travel management, payments and induction
- Learn and contribute to training of project staff on company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering for example: human resource, security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning,)
- Work towards anticipating project HR needs and providing compliant, flexible recommendations on processes, or assigned responsibilities, such as suggesting adequate timelines for reviews and coordination between HQ and field offices, proactively handling PMU administrative tasks, etc.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The role reports to the HR Manager, Project Delivery.
Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at all regular management team meetings
- Provision of regular updates to the line manager, including updates on Key Result Areas (KRAs) and any other material matters and/or areas of concern
- Other reporting as requested by the line manager
- Minimum of five years experience in Recruitment, Human Resources and/or finance and business-related experience
- Experience with HR information systems (particularly Salesforce) and/or other HR-related systems highly desirable
- Experience working in Nigeria and/or a global setting and within multicultural work environments is desirable
- Knowledge of Nigeria Local Employment laws
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Key Competencies Required:
- Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and contributes to a cooperative team working environment
- Internship, customer service, or prior experience in any business setting is helpful
- Basic understanding of management including organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel and work in local contexts for extended periods of time if needed
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team when required
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- An understanding of Nigeria Local Employment laws and its impact on HR administration
- Experience working in the international development sector
- Proficiency in local languages
You and Your Career:
- If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in recruitment and human resources, project administration, and/or finance, we are interested in hearing from you. We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Shortlisting / interviews shall be continuous until a suitable candidate is identified.