Belean Humanitarian Initiatives is a non-profit, non-governmental. We engage in the development and humanitarian sectors to support on-the-ground initiatives aimed at tackling fundamental problems and difficulties encountered by the most disadvantaged populations in developing nations. We work with a wide range of partners to carry out our intervention projects, including governmental bodies, international donors, and civil society groups. We operate in remote and underserved areas. The projects and actions of BHI are sponsored through alliances, cooperation, and collaborations with donors, INGOs, civil society organizations, and governmental organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Program Officer
Locations: Jimeta and Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
- The Humanitarian Program Officer will be primarily responsible for supporting team members in the development of quality proposal and bids.
- S/he will also work in close collaboration with the other units in Belean Humanitarian Initiatives / Bincike International and support coordination with the humanitarian community (government and other stakeholders) to ensure efficient flow of information, effective coordination, advocacy, and reporting. This position may subsequently grow to encompass direct management of projects.
- Support development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, HR, Operations, Grants, and Finance team for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, EOIs, grants and other funding opportunities
- Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure it is well synthesized and cohesive
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
- Works closely with the New Business team to ensure prompt response to new business leads.
- Registered organization on major Partner/NGO/CSO forums, coalitions and networks and ensure active participation and involvement.
- Works closely with the communications team to increase visibility of organization’s humanitarian response activities.
- Reviews and provides advice on policy issues related to safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance.
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff.
- Evaluate performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership
- Serve as primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established timeframe, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within Bellean Humanitarian Ininitiaves and Bincike International.
- Represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work-plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Political Science, Social Science, International Studies, Public Health, or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related areas is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in writing and development of proposals
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
- Demonstrates the highest level of discretion in a manner that promotes a positive working environment
- Ability to build networks, partnerships, and capacity to collaboratively work in a team
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV as PDF to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.