Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator, Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Workplace type: Onsite
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Reporting To: Fulfillment Service and Distribution Manager
The team you would join:
- The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and managing all transport related activities such as Transporters performance, truck utilization; deployment of trucks; back office.
- You will focus on developing innovative solutions to some of the standard transport Operations management. – transport allocation planning, network optimization, transport optimization etc.
- This position will help the business achieve its goals and objectives of delivering the benefits of the transport strategy both in the short and long terms.
- The position is responsible for the implementation and management of the transport systems to optimize the performance of the transport operation, in a manner that is line with the standards of Sun King Operations
What you would be expected to do:
Logistics Strategy Implementation:
- Management: Responsible for Managing the transporters and fleet allocation.
- Ensure coordination of all transport planning, routing and Implement load scheduling with a view to achieve a good logistics cycle time for the trucking strategy fleet
- Responsible for accurate reporting and Interpretation of data to identify trends in monitoring of the activities of the dedicated Sun King trucks and other contracted trucks.
- Works with the line manager in monitoring and analyzing the performance of the contracted trucks with a view to achieve the projected savings of the full year transport cost.
- Carrier Performance: Ensures dedicated transporters provide in a timely manner an adequate number of Service Resources to achieve the minimum trips/truck and cost savings in accordance with the provisions of the agreement, the Service Specification and the Company’s requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring the deliveries of the Products on the date and within the delivery window or within the Journey management plan for the route.
- Work with the Representative of the transporter to convey a Joint Management Meeting on a date they agree on in the calendar month following the end of each calendar month at which time Services will be reviewed and key matters shall be discussed.
- Works in collaboration with the FSD manager to ensure resources loads within 12 hours after it reports to designated loading point in accordance to time frame and truck loading plan given to the transporter.
- Ensures dedicated transporters on all occasions provide accurate details of truck whereabouts and activities per trip for payment purposes and validation.
- Visibility of Service Resources – Minimum level of 95%: Ensure all Service Resources are visible by the Company’s GPS system (if any) during the performance of the Services. The error margin being +/- 5% and 100% being the optimum performance of this KPI, which the transporter shall seek to achieve.
- Make recommendations to Sun King Management for any violation of this KPI
- Oversees the transportation operations of a Sun King Operations. The manager has to monitor various activities of the department as well as the safe transportation of Sun King products from the company to the scheduled delivery location.
- Responsible for directing activities related to truck utilization, lead the inbound and
- Outbound logistics coordination for the business (across the warehouses and stores), dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation vehicles, transporters relationship management.
- Responsible for Managing approximately transporters and their fleet.
- Leads investigation and resolution of issues surrounding delays, customer and transporter complaints across the business.
- Ensure coordination of all transport planning, routing and Implement load scheduling with a view to achieve a good truck cycle time for the from the other transporters.
- Ensure transport department operational expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Works with the Country Operations Manager and FSD Manager in the implementation of 5 pillars of logistics – Contractor management; vehicle management; driver management;
- Journey management and Load Management with a view to develop our transporters to 5 star and promote safety management systems through transporters’ safety audits.
- Responsible for Transport plan and capacity check on a weekly horizon as an output from Sales and Operations Planning.
- Implement Business rules for daily transport optimization.
- Leads Management of Carrier Operational Performance
- Measure the general performance on the trucking strategy and fleet operations set KPI’s against goals, assess the needed optimization, propose/challenge related action plans.
- Ensure proper communication of actions, related decisions to all people concerned
You might be a strong candidate if you Possess the following:
- Hold a Degree or Diploma in a Business related field
- Minimum of 2 years working in Supply Chain or logistics, experience as a middle manager is an advantage
- Experience in managing teams and external contractors
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain and its various functions as well as logistic process & scheduling.
- Ability to interpret financial data and estimate costs (analytical skills)
- Capability to drive Sun King safety standards within logistics and transportation activities.
- Adherence to safety policies and regulations
- Ability to manage change in a busy environment
- Operational mindset, Results oriented, customer oriented
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Deadline: 23rd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply