Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in Northeast Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The project manager will be the overall manager of the program providing both administrative, leadership and technical support to the staff.
- The Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for the day-to-day field implementation activities of the emergency nutrition programming through cash transfer programming CTP for the management of SAM without complications under the community management of acute malnutrition CMAM.
- He/she will be responsible for managing emergency nutrition responses, working with CNM’s.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct/update situation analysis of the nutrition situation for the development, design, and management of nutrition related programs/projects.
- Facilitate the delivery of the nutrition activities at the field level and provide technical support to HWs and CNMs
- Ensure beneficiaries are data are captured for CTP.
- Conduct post distribution monitoring PDM via house hold visit.
- Ensure SAM cases are registered also beneficiaries with disabilities are registered.
- Ensure total number of Households with beneficiary SAM children aged 6-59 months are registered segregated by sex, disability status.
- Ensure proper MUAC screening data of beneficiaries are recorded and documented.
- Training of Community Nutrition Mobilisers (CNMs) training on how to conduct MUAC screening, counsel caregivers and conduct follow-up monitoring visits to beneficiary households.
- Supporting targeting of beneficiaries; formation and establishment of Care groups; selection of community volunteers and members of community structures.
- Update tracking tool to monitor program screening-based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments.
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility-based activities.
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- Support the SNO/NW Nutrition sector in organizing LGA based coordination meeting.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level.
- Regularly report and coordinate with line supervisor regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Ensure regular contact with SMoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, community health or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing CMAM, IYCF, and other community-based nutrition activities. Experience in MAM treatment using Cash Transfer Programming is desirable.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health will be an added advantage
- The Senior Nutrition Officerwill be based in Sokoto State.
- Be proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent leadership, coordination, team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Fluent in English and Hausa languages.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e.CBT, WASH, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the AHSF’s mission, values, and policies.
Deadline: 30th September 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly reapply!
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.