ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIEMobisol and ENGIEPowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
ThePAYGosolar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Coted’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Coordinator, North Central
Department: Finance & Admin
Reporting Line: EEAN Country Security Manager
- Reporting to the EEAN’s Country Security Manager (CSM) based in Lagos, and pursuant to the ENGIE Group’s Code of Conduct and corporate policies, the position holder provides specialized, coordinated and focused security risk management support to the EEAN’s Minigrids (MG) Team based in Abuja and the Solar Home Systems (SHS) business line in the North-Central region as required.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- As instructed by the Country Security Manager, conduct and document security risk and acceptance analysis exercises of prospective MG sites in the North-Central region (Niger, Kogi, Nasarawa, Benue)
- Conduct security risk assessment exercises of existing MG sites (under construction or already in operation)
- Manage local vigilantes manning MG sites in the North-Central region (FCT, Niger, Kogi, Nasarawa, Benue) as instructed by the CSM and the Admin & Finance Department
- Ensure local vigilantes are fully aware of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce security vulnerabilities, EEA’s security plans and procedures
- On behalf of the EEAN’s Country Management, deal with all staffing issues for all MG’s community vigilantes relating to conditions of service, roster of manpower, absence, cover, pay and annual leave
- Coordinate and monitor security activities at all locations of interest or projects sites in the North-Central region, both SHS and MG, to ensure that EEA’s security policies and procedures are complied with;
- In coordination with the CSM, develop and execute personnel security awareness programmes ensuring that all company staff are fully aware of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce vulnerability of staff and partners to the threats;
- Conduct information gathering about any security related issue can affect the core business (SHS and MG) at regional level. Filtrates all critical information resulting from the information gathering process and assists the CSM in interpreting it in meaningful relationships in order to achieve accurate knowledge in the course of threat assessments or security incident investigations
- Deal with security sensitive problems referred to him by the CSM or EEAN’s Management. This may involve resolution of complaints and / or disciplinary issues.
- The post holder will be required to deal with most problems by calling on his own professional judgment and experience.
- Where problems are of a more complex nature the appropriate response will be discussed with HR, Head of MG, Admin & Finance, the CSM, other members of the EEAN’s Country Leadership Team;
- Collect and analyses security related information from local and regional resources as it applies to MG operating sites and communicates with the CSM as appropriate;
- Attend and deal with incidents as directed. Carries out investigations and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into plans and procedures, future staff trainings or personnel security awareness orientation programmes;
- Provide support and guidance on security training activities for local vigilantes; implement and document training (including fir drills) for MG’s local vigilantes;
- Maintain crisis management response systems, ensuring that lines of communication/ reporting to the Country Crisis Management Cell (CMC) are fully understood and implemented.
- In the event of emergencies or crisis advise the Country Incident Management Team Leader on emergency response actions including country evacuation;
- When required, provide detailed updates and reporting of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents;
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field such as Political / Social Sciences, International Relations, Conflict or Security Studies
- Minimum of four (4) years of proven experience in the private security sector; of which at least two (2) years should be of field-based experience at supervisory level (first-line supervisor) in complex and hostile environments (E.g., Niger Delta Oil & Gas, Borno, Yobe, etc.)
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills suitable to effectively influencing, negotiating and coaching
- Strong analytical capacity
- Very good organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with surge of activities
- Proactive and able to prompt others to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Capability to advise and/or make quick decisions in emergencies and crisis when rapid response is required; effectively dealing with the stress factor
- Demonstrated capability to provide quality written incident reporting and threat assessments
- Open-minded, inclusive and tolerant towards other people, irrespective of company position
- Good to Very Good computer skills with mastery of MS Office applications
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work along with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Highly Desired Skills
- In possess of a formal security management qualification/ certificate from a reputable university/institution (ASIS CPP, ISMI CSMP
- Fluent in Hausa
- Knowledge of electronic security systems and Fleet Telematics Systems (Vehicle tracking)
- Good understanding of North-Central’s risk security environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online