The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
- A member of the Senior Management Team, the overall purpose of the HR Manager is to contribute to the attainment of ECEWS strategic business and objectives through effective leadership and management of the HR function in the Office.
- The role will lead the overall HR function for ECEWS, developing HR Services from an operational and strategic perspective. The incumbent will co-ordinate HR operations ensuring that the HR function is aligned to ECEWS business and deliver sound and cost effective people management practices through continuous improvement and prioritization.
- The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to the Senior Management Team, People Managers and all staff on HR policies, systems procedures and best practices.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Degree in Human Resources Management / Organizational Behaviour / Business Administration or related field
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is an advantage
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer (Excel and spreadsheet) skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Experience and good working knowledge of Donor Fund regulations is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the not-for-profit sector is an advantage.
- A higher degree or professional qualification in HR is an advantage
- Familiarity with Nigerian Labor laws
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English.
Deadline: 21st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Human Resources Unit” through: email@example.com using Your Full Name, Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.