Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Job Requisition ID: R40014
Job Type: Full time
- Support in establishing a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively facilitating and resolving employee relations matters.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counsel to managers on a wide range of employee relations issues including progressive counselling, performance management, company policies and procedures.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Managers and HR team, consult, advise, coach, educate and provide decision making support to the business on a variety of employee relations issues.
- Identify and recommend strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring compliance with APM Terminals policies & local labor laws.
- Evaluate and review employee related decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Identify, analyse and implement resolutions to complex and sensitive issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead and conduct investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Support the outcome of cases throughout partnership with the business.
- Support the organization with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives.
- Use metrics to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations.
- Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
- Assist in executing certain collective bargaining and/or union activities, including agreements.
- Mediate any issues of conflict that may have been escalated due to differences between management; union and employees.
- Track and ensure compliance against labor legislative requirements and conditions of employment.
- Maintain a database of key contacts, important to the work of employee relations.
- Observe social, economic and political trends that might ultimately have an effect upon the organization, and make recommendations to enhance the company’s image based on those trends.
- Act as a liaison for senior management on community issues and affairs, advising them of sensitive and/or important issues for the community, and recommending plans of action, when appropriate.
- Manage relationship with external labor providers ensuring that such providers are legislatively compliant.
- Avoid labor disputes through the establishment of good relationships between all stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Require a University Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- 4-6 years Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Experience working in a Union environment as a spokesperson for negotiations, grievance proceedings and proactive in day to day labor relations management.
- Knowledge of Compensation and Reward Philosophies.
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them.
- Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Thorough understanding of investigative methods and principles.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in various international labor relations standards.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Possess strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, and to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Require advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and for each other. We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online