Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist CMMS / FLEET / IoT (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Projects & Solutions Manager
Indirect reports To: Chief Information Officer
- The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the integrated terminal system solutions are thoroughly tested and operational within the agreed-upon timeframes while meeting business requirements.
- You will be involved in the implementation, testing, integration, commissioning, and go-live preparations for all automated terminal systems.
- Thorough understanding of the TOS, GOS, VBS, and Yard
- Contribute to the development of strategy, policy, and standards in their areas of expertise.
- Proactively engage with the user community to gather information about the problem and guide the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the root cause of problems.
- Responds to all inquiries about the status of resolving generic IT and specific business application problems, towards providing 24-hour support across the terminal.
- Work with the automation deployment team and end users to support the implementation of the automated products in live terminal operations
- Contribute to solution design, testing, evaluation, and commissioning of terminal automation systems, applications, networks and infrastructure as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the implementation of projects/tasks within the application’s defined scope, time, and budget.
- Configure, install, and maintain CMMS and VBS, as well as their specific modules and interfaces with other applications.
- Provide daily IT operational support.
- Participate in the implementation of the Application portfolio, including ERP, Customer Experience Portal, and other applications as needed.
- Contribute to the infrastructure implementation within the TOS requirement inputs.
- In collaboration with the maintenance, engineering, and facility management teams, carry out the IT Business Application configurations and specifications for the deployment/commissioning of container terminal specific equipment.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs applications, as well as providing technical support and training to system users.
- Providing practical solutions for mission-critical projects.
- Create and maintain a set of tools to anticipate scenarios and provide accurate information to section heads so that activities can be planned accordingly.
- Assist the Operations team in identifying performance trends that lead to opportunities to predict future improvements and opportunities.
- Advise the planning teams on areas for improvement based on reviewed statistics and other available information.
- Review applications, monitor best practices, and document them across teams.
- Continually assess, identify, and implement changes to improve operations. Looking for alternative planning strategies to increase terminal efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Certified courses on Terminal Automation and systems will be an advantage.
- At least 7 Years of working experience with 5 years in the related field responsibility to support business critical applications.
- Must have a strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Database management software experience with SQL server and Oracle
- Skills in development
- Capability to work with people of different cultures in different time zones
- Strong skills of security measure to implement in application development/setup
- Port terminal experience is a MUST with a solid understanding of the IT environment.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling and Incident Investigation
- Ability to take on any operational requirements and turn them into business processes.
- Capable of developing and implementing IT test plans, including user training.
- Ability to create documentation and training materials as needed.
- Be able to work as part of a team, especially when meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate with Operations and IT personnel.
- Be able to use initiative and act independently or as part of a larger team, as well as prioritize workload to meet supervisor’s requirements.
- Have knowledge of application customization, database design, and system design.
- Have the confidence to suggest areas for improvement as well as potential solutions.
- Able to work under certain pressure circumstances.
- Demonstrated practical experience with TOS, Gate, and Yard systems.
- Producing detailed requirements and functional specifications for complex business requirements.
- Have demonstrable experience with application support, to be able to troubleshoot a wide variety of business application issues, and the ability to manage several activities simultaneously, often with stringent deadlines.
- Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in the workplace.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply