Husk is one of the world’s leading rural energy providers. We provide low-cost and reliable power to rural households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources. Powering economic possibilities in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
We design, build and operate the lowest cost hybrid (solar and biomass) power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 15,000 homes and business, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Our aim is to provide 30MW of power to 225,000 customers by 2025, and save 350,000 tonnes of CO2 each year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EEDs Sales Associate Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an EEDs Sales Associate to join the growing team in Nigeria. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of EEDs Sales activities across various mini grid sites including exploring any other markets and productive use appliances.
- We are looking for someone who has experience within the Nigerian context and understands sales, account management, sales reporting, and field sales agent management.
- The individual should also be passionate about contributing to solving one of Nigeria’s most critical challenges – energy access deficit.
- This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in Asia and Africa, including India, Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
- Management and Recruitment of EED Sales agents across all Mini-Grid Sites
- Deliver on EED sales and collections target as communicated by the Business Head
- Daily sales performance reporting.
- Build sales/prospects pipeline across all sites
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Sales Coordination and Business Growth:
- Coordinate all field sales agents within designated territories
- Work closely with the Contact centre team to deliver on business objectives.
- Training of field sales agents on product, loan tenor, repayment amount, agent incentives and best practices in selling and managing client accounts
- Manage repayments and collections
- Advise customers on Energy Efficient Appliances and its benefits.
- Drive the switch from inefficient appliances for energy efficiency purposes.
Sales Compliance and Insights:
- Site visits to drive compliance among sales agents.
- Review EMI sales to ensure we have 90%+ approval rating.
- Generate insights on agents’ activities on site.
Does this sound like you?
- Graduate from a leading institution with a minimum of a second class level qualification.
- Post-graduate degree and/or related professional qualifications from relevant purchasing/supply chain/procurement bodies; a plus.
- At least 2 years experience in sales and distribution of electronic appliances or in renewable energy sales (SHS/mini grids) and managing customer relationships
- A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mindset with excellent problem-solving skills
- This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company, and projects.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Business level fluency in major Nigerian languages, Hausa language is a core requirement for this role
- Dependability, attention to detail, cooperation, stress tolerance, concern for others, initiative, leadership, self-control, and independence are the desired pre-requisites.
- This role would be fully based in Lafia, Nasarawa State or its environs
General Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to drive sales, manage agents and deliver reports on the activities of the sales agents
- Ability to assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on most suitable tariff for customer
- The ability to manage people agents and customer inclusive
- Ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to evaluate and convey complex information to others in an effective manner through concise communication skills and clear presentation skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Should possess requisite skill sets- active listening, speaking, reading, comprehension, critical thinking, performance monitoring, time management, people management, material resource management, judgment and decision making, teaching, coaching, and social awareness.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Could work in outdoor weather conditions at certain times.
- Have adequate visual and hearing acuity to follow instructions; and determine accuracy of the work assigned.
- Ability to work in rural, peri-urban locations as required.
Deadline: 10th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online