Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeper – Public Area
Job Number: 22207076
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
Brand: Four Points by Sheraton
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Position Type: Non-Management
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers.
- Clean glass in public and employee areas.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Dust surfaces in assigned area.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages.
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Post caution signs to limit traffic when necessary. Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down a ladder.
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ability to push and pull work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online