The Federal University Otuoke (FUO) is one of the Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011 in cognisance of the need to bridge the great divide between the educationally advantaged and disadvantaged sections of the country, especially areas where universities were lacking. Cited in the serene and secure Otuoke Community, at the heart of the oil-rich Niger-Delta region of Bayelsa State, the University which is 21 kilometres south of the state capital Yenagoa, occupies an expanse of 200 hectares (494 acres).
Our Mission is the generation, dissemination, preservation, and application of knowledge. The vision of the Federal University, Otuoke (FUO) is to gain and maintain a reputation as a world-class university that challenges all its students to achieve the highest levels of intellectual and personal growth, to promote sustainable development, as well as contribute purposeful and ethical service to the nation and Mankind. We intend to achieve this through our core values captured as FUO L-I-K-E-S: Learning, Integrity, Knowledge, Excellence, Service and Scholarship.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Reader
Location: Otuoke, Bayelsa
We require qualified candidates in the following departments:
- Theatre Arts / Film Studies
- Journalism and Media Studies
- Ph.D. in appropriate discipline (Linguistics, Philosophy, Theatre Arts Journalism, Mass Communication / Media Studies)
- Nine (9) years of unbroken teaching and research experience in a University system or cognate exposure with demonstrable evidence of scholarly achievement, Twenty-one (21) scholarly publications, with at least two (2) years as a Senior Lecturer.
- andidates must also have sufficient administrative experience.
- Overall, candidate must have led in substantial numbers of research papers presented for assessment.
Deadline: 29th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward (10) copies of their Applications, each with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and three Letters of Reference in a sealed envelope, bearing the position applied for in the right-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal University Otuoke,
PMB 126, Yenagoa,