Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Disease Oversight
Requisition ID: 2022202386
Location: Abuja – Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) Global Fund
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Lead (EpiC)
- Under the direction of the Technical lead (EpiC), the Technical Officer (Disease Oversight) shall provide administrative and technical support to the CCM Oversight Committee in order to oversee grant implementation by Principal and Sub-Recipients (PRs//SRs).
- Assist the Oversight Committee to build capacities of its members, CCM Members, and other stakeholders to conduct grant oversight in accordance with Global Fund requirements.
- Assure that NCCM oversight activities and outcomes are in compliance with all official governance documents of the Nigerian CCM (e.g., Constitution, Governance Manual, and Implementation Annex to Governance Manual).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision and guidance to Principal Recipient (PR) who implement CCM grant oversight activities related to specific grants. Assist Oversight Committee to plan for grant oversight activities, including preparation of CCM Oversight Plan, technical expertise required on the Committee, and support from development partners.
- Assist Oversight Committee, in collaboration with PR representatives, to develop systems, methods, and procedures for generating and reporting information on grant performance and implementation.
- Provide administrative and technical support for Oversight Officer/Committee meetings. Coordinate participation of PR representatives, technical experts, and CCM stakeholders, as appropriate, in Oversight Committee meetings.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for site visits and ensures that all site visit reports are archived and made available for CCM members as part of the agenda for CCM meetings.
- Prepares draft versions of site visit reports for Oversight Committee review and approval. Assist the Oversight Committee to investigate problems, issues, and bottlenecks of Global Fund grant implementation by:
- Collecting relevant technical and financial data;
- Reviewing dashboards for internal consistency and consistency with reports of Principal Recipients to the Global Fund;
- Supporting the Oversight Committee in tracking the resolution status of decisions taken by the CCM.
- Assist the Oversight Officer to meet and consult with non-CCM stakeholders about grant oversight and grant implementation, as required by the Global Fund.
- Prepare summary reports of Global Fund grant implementation, as required, and assist the Communications Specialist to ensure that the reports are disseminated to stakeholders.
- Participate, as needed, in CCM proposal development, PR nomination, and CCM operational activities by:
- Reviewing and updating of CCM By-laws and Standard Operating Procedures
- Tracking compliance of CCM with GF eligibility requirements relating to grant oversight and execution of associated Performance Improvement Plans
- Preparation of CCM two-year work plan and budget for GF approval
- Archive all CCM documents related to oversight, including grant performance and CCM oversight reports, communications with the LFA and PR(s) Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PHD Degree level with 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- MS/MA degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Economics with 3 – 5 years relevant experience BSc/BA. degree in Public Health, or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years relevant experience, At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation or 3 years as Program Manager of a large health program in government, NGO, or international agency; 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS, TB and/or Malaria. Familiarity with Global Fund programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent information compilation and data analysis skills Excellent computer skills including proficiency in using email, word processing and spread sheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office applications Strong organizational skills and exceptional problem-solving abilities Excellent verbal and written communication skills Demonstrated skills in supervising professional or managerial staff Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and coordinating work of teams, committees, and ad hoc work groups Demonstrated skills in teamwork, collaboration, and consultations with diverse constituencies Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 10%
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply