MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advisor – Intellectual Property, Corporate Services
Job Identification: 1872
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Intellectual Property
Division: Corporate Services
- Ensure continuous liaison with external solicitors for regular updates, compliance with procedural rules of court, stipulated time limits for actions, etc. so as to minimize the cost and adverse effect of litigation
- Assist in the development of appropriate IP strategies for the Company’s business
- Conduct IP clearance for safe use of all new product names and designs, and trademark and design protection as appropriate.
- Docket and review actions relevant to the Company’s IP portfolio
- Exchange correspondence with external counsel for IP filings and portfolio maintenance services
- Draft and negotiate IP agreements and other IP-related contractual provisions
- Provide advice on compliance with applicable laws, legal obligations and implications on the company’s business conduct, transactions and policies as it relates to IP and Technology
- Manage IP enforcement, including litigation, anti-counterfeiting, cease & desist letters, competitor monitoring etc.
- Protect the organization’s assets in the area of intellectual property
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations
- Provide legal opinion on intellectual property issues and technology-related commercial agreements.
- LLB, BL
- Licensed to practice law in Nigeria (Nigerian Law school certificate)
- Relevant IP law certifications
- Master’s Degree an added advantage
- Fluent in English
- 3 – 7 years’ experience including:
- Experience in IP/Technology law and practice
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment will be an advantage.
- In-depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization.
Deadline: 30th January, 2023 (11:59PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online