Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Internal Control Officer
Job Identification: 201
Location: Victoria Island – Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Routine branch visits, ensuring that all branches/offsite locations are visited at least once a month.
- Carry out comprehensive GL review in conjunction with the Cluster Compliance Officers
- Carry out sample transaction ticket reviews (batch call over) especially of large transactions.
- Receive, review and report on all ACL alerts targeted at branch control activities.
- Carry out review of newly opened accounts on a sampling basis. High risk accounts will be 100%
- Carry out sweeps and mystery shopping in branches (at least once a quarter per branch in the region)
- Carry out review of CCTV to ensure it is functional and reliable.
- Conduct trainings and refresher courses for operations staff.
- Consciously promote the culture of whistle blowing and intelligence gathering
- Carry out review of staff accounts in an unintrusive manner.
- Conduct first level investigation in cases of infractions, breach of process, fraud, and other irregularities. Significant cases would be escalated to the Investigation unit in Internal Audit for conclusion.
- Liaise with law enforcement agents where necessary.
- Carry out all other tasks and assignments as may be delegated by the Chief Compliance Officer from time to time.
- Staff in branches
- Motivate, share ideas and provide on-the-job training for the entire Internal Control Staff
- Manage and supervise the control functions for his Zone.
- A Good University Degree with a minimum of 2:2 in any discipline.
- Possession of an advanced degree or professional certificate will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in Internal Audit of a commercial Bank and/or Audit Firm
- Sound core credit skills
- Exposure to process Re-Engineering
- Interpersonal skill
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Analytical/problem solving skill
- Computer appreciation (word- processing/Spreadsheet/PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Database Management
- Independent minded.
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Fraud and Operational risk knowledge
Personalities and attributes:
- Paying attention to details
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Goal driven and result oriented.
Deadline: 17th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online