The Federal Polytechnic, Mubi is one of the seven (7) Federal Polytechnics established by Decree No.33 of 1979. The Polytechnic moved to Mubi in October, 1982, after about three years sojourn in Yola, the Adamawa State Capital following a Presidential directive. A Campus of the Polytechnic still sprawls on the rocky banks of the River Benue in Yola. InMubi, the Institution inherited the buildings of the defunct Federal School of Arts and Science.
The Polytechnic located along the Barama axis of Mubi North Local Government was established to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigeria economy. The Institutions runs full-time programmes at both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) levels, which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning & Development
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Director, Physical Planning & Development must be a person of high integrity who demonstrate transparency in public and private lives.
- He/She must be receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into action in-line with the Vision and Mission of the Polytechnic.
- The Director, Physical Planning is a Management Staff answerable to the Rector on the physical planning and development of the Polytechnic.
- He/she heads the Directorate of Physical Planning & Development and is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects, ensures quality and standard of the infrastructures of the Polytechnic.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Good honours Degree in Architecture, Quantity Surveying, Building, Urban & Regional Planning or Civil Engineering from a recognized University. Possession of Masters Degree / Ph.D will be an added advantage.
- Membership and registration with relevant Professional Bodies.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate work experience in a Tertiary Institution.
- Must be proficient in ICT packages/softwares.
- Enjoy physical and mental health with evidence from a Government Hospital.
Terms of Appointments
- Salary is CONTEDISS 15.
- Other terms and conditions of appointment are as provided by the Condition of Service of the Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Federal Government of Nigeria or the Governing Council of the Polytechnic.
Deadline: 8th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, Twenty (20) type-written copies of their claimed qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full Names (Surname first and other name(s).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Govt. Area.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current Postal Address including Phone No(s) and E-mail address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic & Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Registration and Membership of professional bodies.
- Honour and distinctions (if any).
- Previous Employer(s) and posts held with date(s).
- Present employment to include status and any other relevant experience.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Director, Physical Planning & Development” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Mubi,
P.M.B. 35, Mubi,
- Candidates are to request their Referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar at the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.