British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Seniority Level: Non-management
Reports To: Commercial Director
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The Executive Assistant main responsibility is to to provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Commercial Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to enhance effectiveness.
- The Executive Assistant will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the work schedule (electronic calendars, visits and work plans) for the Commercial Director as required.
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes
- Good influencing and facilitation skills to act as the interface between end market business units, procurement and Vendors with regards low value sourcing
- Co-ordinate meetings, internal and external engagements, conferences (local and global), workshops and team-building events with professionalism and to a high level of competency.
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements (transportation, hotels and visas) as required.
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and role model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- B.Sc / BA Degree.
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication both in English and French.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure.
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries.
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative.
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working.
- Solid interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply