The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Supervisor
Employment Type: Full Time
Line Manager: Administrative Manager
Mission and Main Activities
- Mission monthly bookkeeping and accounting
- Posts all financial transactions into SAGA system on daily basis;
- Ensures that all payments are made on time.
- Follows up on bank transactions to ensure all are processed; files hardcopies and generates reports;
- Track bounced back salaries and make necessary adjustment and settlement;
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the Finance Manager.
- Oversees the management of petty cash in Katsina including bookkeeping
- Accounts for all petty cash expenditures and prepares replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent.;
- Conducts regular controls of the operations of the cash, the book keeping and the filing systems.
- Support on HR activities of the project.
- Carry out responsibilities as could be assigned by the Admin manager.
- Ensure that payments documents are well validated before they are processed for payments.
- Follow up on open operational advance with staff and ensure that they are closed with the time limits.
You meet the following qualifications:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting. Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Administration, HR, Finance, Logistics
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
ALIMA Financial Procedures & Policies:
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and filed accordingly.
- Ensure proper filing of all finance documents on monthly basis and ensure that they are well labeled accordingly.
- Directly reporting to Project Admin Manager.
- Liaise with project log team.
- Liaise with HR Department.
- Interaction with suppliers, banking and financial institution service providers, tax offices and other national authorities or institutions with which ALIMA has working relationships for administrative and financial needs.
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
Deadline: 7th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter, coloured Picture, qualifications & Contact details all in a single file to: email@example.com using “FINANCE SUPERVISOR – KATSINA” as the subject of the mail.
Submit in person to ALIMA’s Office at:
No.10 Durumi Street,
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Important remarks
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.