Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking an office manager for their Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity
- The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services. The activity aims to catalyze sector transformation and generate WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in low-income communities and build a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
- In order to effectively achieve technical objectives, the project will require a well-maintained office space in which to plan and manage activities.
- The office manager, in coordination with and under the leadership of the Finance and Operations Director, will be responsible for all administrative and operational matters relating to the Lagos office including overseeing procurement and inventory of office supplies, monitoring lease agreements and obligated services therein, managing the physical layout of the office, maintaining filing systems, providing support to office staff, and oversee office logistics.
- Provides overall office management for the operational activities of the program including the supervision of operations staff
- Manages project office’s training and event planning, travel and vehicles, financial payments (as necessary)
- Helps manage all office procurements and the maintenance of all equipment, materials, and supplies necessary for the execution of activities
- Maintain equipment inventory, verifying all inventory regularly to ensure that the value of all items booked in Abacus under inventory accounts matches with the total value indicated in the inventory report. Ensure all inventory are labeled in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Ensure the project receives effective services by monitoring the office lease agreements, equipment service contracts, and other relationships with outside vendors that are related to office facilities, services or equipment. Suggest and make improvements as needed.
- Provides support to office staff, including but not limited to ensuring compliance with organizational policy and national labor law
- Manage the physical layout of the office and ensure adequate and healthy workspace for all staff; oversee the office cleaning contract and provide timely performance feedback.
- Performs errands assigned in support of the project, such as pick-ups and deliveries from the office or other miscellaneous tasks
- Maintains the project’s filing system
- Organizes and carries out office logistical operations
- Support recruitment processes
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least three years’ experience working office administration, experience managing a 20+ person office preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the starting up and running of a project office including organizing procurement of equipment and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with USAID highly preferred
- Proven ability to mentor, supervise, and support staff and experience managing locally-hired personnel.
- Familiarity with MS Office software suite
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Oral and written English language proficiency, fluency preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Duration of Assignment:
- Long term, minimum of 2 years expected
- The Office Manager will report directly to the Finance and Operations Director.
Deadline: 5th April, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: LUWASHrecruit@gmail.com with “Office Manager” as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply