Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Lending Ops
Job ID: 2300003287
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- The role holder is responsible for co-owning and supporting the delivery of the end-to-end, best-in-class transacting and servicing client journey for Customer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB)) clients.
- The role holder is expected to align to the client journey objectives in identifying and supporting deliver competitive advantage in the transacting and servicing domain, including change management within the domain.
- The role holder should also support the Non Financial Head in coordinating and resolving trade-offs between competing priorities by closely working with Stakeholders and other teams in the Group and Country teams,
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the end-state vision of the Non – Financial units of Servicing & Transacting client journey for effective Client experience. Deliver or change Management strategy and embed TTO and Servicing & Transacting Strategy of Client Experience Servicing, Digitisation, Ways of working, Risk Management, Cyber and Data principles for straight-through-processing whenever possible.
- The role requires strong stakeholder management across Group, country, region, country business, T&I, frontline, Call Centre, Compliance, Finance and Risk to ensure alignment across organisation on target state architecture and support the delivery of the end-state vision.
- Support the drive on adoption and STP of existing and future process and technology initiatives
- Deliver outcomes on standard metrics/scorecard for transacting and servicing, e.g., productivity, accuracy, Vendor and GBS service levels, losses / lapses, issues, and the Operational Risk Framework (“ORF”) related to Non- Financials.
Strategy, Business, Processes:
- Effectively support the drive on digitization and transformation strategy for best in Class Operations to deliver fair outcomes
- Continuously adhere to change management process to improve productivity and efficiency of operations
- Follow through on all compliance and audit related matters effectively
- Prioritise business operating issues, resolve timely to mitigate client, regulatory and other impacts
- Use of data analysis and to support Business decision making to deliver a best-in-class transacting and servicing experience
- Oversee activities within Non Financial hubbed into GBS processes and mange business deliverables
- Adopt ways of working to drive improvement culture in the team and organization.
People and Talent:
- Ability to set career goals, adhere to Bank wide training plans to drive personal and team members growth
- Contribute to the overall actions for My Voice good outcome
- Ensure to follow framework for effective management of operational risks in the Transacting and Servicing journey for CUSTOMER, PRIVATE AND BUSINESS BANKING (CPBB) clients and in compliance with applicable internal policies and external laws and regulations across our markets.
- Ensure to follow Control Register and GPI to minimise operational loss and audit failures and in conjunction stakeholders to ensure appropriate focus on issues and resolutions in collaboration with business risk management
- Ensure that the implementation of processes for Servicing and transacting for CPBB clients are fit for purpose and meet regulatory requirements.
- Ensure to adhere to BCM framework adequately to supports the business strategy.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’ of activities to drive SLA and Client Experience; ability to challenge fellow executives effectively, Vendors; and willingness to work with Internal and External stakeholders in an open and cooperative manner.
- Manage exception effectively cases to mitigate impact on Financial, Reputational and other risks
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [CPBB Servicing & Transacting / Non-Financial Servicing unit to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of Servicing & Transacting
- Head of Payments & Financial Transacting
- Head of Non-Financials
- Head of Products & Segments
- CPBB COO and Onboarding
- Head of Compliance
- Financial Controller
- Head of Branches & Branch Operations
- Head of Personal Banking, Digital Channels and Data
- Country CIO and COO
- Industry Players
Our Ideal Candidate
- Candidate MUST on the minimum be Degree holder
- Demonstrate good understanding of Banking and Operations
- Knowledgeable in the CPBB Products and Controls to manage the risks
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Regulatory Environments
Role Specific Competencies:
- Data Science/Analytics
- Product Knowledge
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Ways of Working
- Cost Managements
- Project Management.
Deadline: 14th April, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online