Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advancement Manager
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of Position
- To lead the School’s advancement programmes while responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from a portfolio of individuals and corporate partners through grant writing, stewardship, individual cultivation and solicitation, and fundraising events management.
- The Advancement Manager must be proactive, highly motivated, and detail-oriented, able to advance the School’s efforts to fundraise and friend-raise.
- Must be proficient at developing and refining systems and procedures for the smooth functioning of operations and growing knowledge of Advancement Services:
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Create yearly budgets for the Advancement Department and manage Advancement Budgets.
- Create donation policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the advancement role in prospect management, donor recognition, donor stewardship, and other related activities, including development research, database management, and donor history.
- Establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support for the School.
- Work with donors on behalf of the School on the acceptance of gifts and oversee the procedures and documentation for assistance receipting.
- Communicate donor wishes and requirements to the School.
- Oversee the maintenance of a comprehensive and accurate fundraising database to include all past and prospective donors.
- Oversee all donor information entered and retrieved; oversee the accuracy and efficiency of reports created.
- Develop donor and prospect activity reports.
- Provide oversight of pledge and acknowledgment processing activities.
- Contribute to the effective team management of all customer relation problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Handle advancement fundraising activities related to major gifts, planned gifts, and corporate and foundation philanthropy and cultivate gift prospects when appropriate.
- Responsible for endowments (scholarships and others) and reporting award status to donors.
- Represent the School at meetings and events with key organizations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meeting financial targets for projects
- Number of donors willing to partner with the School
- Number of encounters between the school and donors/prospects
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related discipline and certificate courses in fundraising/budgeting and financial analysis. MBA or a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the Business Development / Marketing function of a medium or large organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- General management/administrative skills.
- Fundraising skills
- Budgeting and Financial Analysis
- Relationship management skills
Deadline: 20th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.