Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Audit Officer 1 ENG IAU 998
Job Identification: 282
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Audit of branches in line with the risk- based audit plan and ensuring reporting and escalation of exceptions and following up with audit clients for prompt resolution of issues raised while on the field.
- Rendering support to the Senior Auditor on preparation of audit programmes.
- Assisting in the preparation of risk assessment and control checklists of branches to be audited to ascertain areas of focus in the audit/inspection to be done.
- Planning with the Senior Auditor pre-audit and exit meetings with stakeholders of branches audited to resolve issues of concern in the areas inspected and to chart a way forward for the Bank.
- Identifying areas of potential loss / loan loss provision in the branches audited for management action.
- Ensure that open items in branch GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the transactions recorded therein.
- Ensure prompt resolution of open issues in previous audit reports, Audit and Risk Review (ARR), management letter, regulatory reports and other statutory examiners’ reports involving branches.
- Preparing quality audit reports based on audit observations and evidence.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide control and compliance counseling, advisory and decision support service to branches.
- Ensure achievement of the current quality standards bank wide and Ecobank’s core values as well as promote a high quality standard.
- Articulate policies and procedures in line with developments in order to minimize fraud level.
- Maintain proper records of audit working papers for the bank for reference purposes and to meet the requirements of external auditors and regulators.
- Ensure achievement of the current quality standards bank wide as well as promote a high quality standard
- Conducting of spot checks with other members of the Audit team on specific issues and areas of the Bank as instructed by the Audit Team Lead and Manager, Branch Audit as the need arises.
- Conducting of surprise cash audits in the branches.
- Training of staff in the branches on the Operations and Policy manual (OPM), Bank policies, et cetera when a location is visited or as the need arises.
- Carrying out investigation assignments on the field as the need arises.
- Any other function as assigned by the Manager, Branch Audit and Branch Audit Team Leads.
- Branches, Cash Centres, NACA Centres ,Netposts and Teller implants
- External auditors and Regulators
- Motivate, share ideas and provide on-the-job training for branches
- Value addition to aid process improvement and minimize errors.
Suitably qualified candidates should mee the requirements below:
- Minimum of 2nd Class Lower in First Degree (MBA, MSC, MA, ML and/or Professional Qualifications is an additional advantage)
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar function
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain high level writing skills
- A probing mind
- Analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation
- Strong accounting knowledge
Personalities and attributes:
- Paying attention to details
- Honest, punctual, trustworthy and very hardworking
- Always ready to add value to the system
Deadline: 24th May, 2023 (09:59 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online