Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
About the Role
- The Senior Product Manager will own and lead the development of one or more features for Carbon, with a focus on improving conversion and customer experience in their customer journey(s).
- You will play a critical part in defining and executing the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for these areas of the product.
- Your technical acumen, effective communication skills, commercial awareness, and laser focus on data will enable you to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure your products and features positively impact the daily lives of our customers while helping Carbon to be the best credit-led digital bank on the continent.
- Define, communicate, and execute a product roadmap for feature(s) you own
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and business teams to discover, design, prioritize, build, and test products or features that meet the needs of users
- Develop product specifications, documentation, and wireframes to effectively communicate product vision
- Develop and manage product backlog and prioritization, balancing product hygiene with business needs
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and growth teams on experiments to improve growth and conversion
- Proactively gather quantitative and qualitative data from customers to improve the product
- Measure and analyze product performance data, using the data and insights to inform future product and business decisions
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement by exploring new and emerging technologies to improve the product. Embedding good practice in the company on product topics such as Definitions of Ready / Done, Prioritisation, Discovery, and Testing
- Understanding relational databases is required, and SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of widely used SaaS tools such as Retool, Tableau & Jira is required.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools is required.
- Strong familiarity with methods and tools for testing, validation, and conversion rate optimization.
- You’ll come with at least 4 years of B2C product experience, along with a track record of shipping impactful products in Payments, Fintech, or within a regulated environment.
- You’ll bring experience gathering customer data and working with large data sets to drive product decisions
- You’ll have strong project management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage projects simultaneously
- An entrepreneurial approach with the ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment with high autonomy.
- Experience driving multiple teams (customer success, engineering, marketing, etc) toward a common business and customer outcome.
- Line management experience is preferred.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- Offer a remote working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study (Assessment)