The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Contract
Duration and Type of Contract: Contract under french law, 6 months, renewable
Start Date: September 2023
Missions and Objectives
- The Medical Coordinator must define the objectives and technical orientations of the mission, propose strategies consistent with the medical and humanitarian needs of the areas of intervention and provide technical support to all the medical teams of the mission.
Functional and Hierarchical Links:
- Reports to the Head of Mission
- His or her technical referent is the Medical Desk referent
- Is the referent of the Medical Referent and/or Medical Activity Manager of the project(s)
- Collaborates with the Field Project Coordinators, Coordination Team
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, defines and adjusts the medical objectives of ALIMA projects in the country of mission:
- Data collection
- Analyzes, interprets and defines the medical-operational strategy of the mission
- Implementation of ALIMA programs:
- Medical project opening.
- Contributes to the organization of medical projects.
- Participates in the pharma management of projects.
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects..
- Representation and communication
- Capacity building and team facilitation
- Team health.
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence.
Experiences and Skills
- You have a Medical or Paramedical Degree with a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Project Management, Epidemiology, etc.
- You have successful experience in similar positions with a medical INGO, you have experience in drawing up proposals and donor reports, comfortable in external representation and taking part in high-level negotiations.
- You have skills in monitoring-evaluation and database management
- You have a good command of written and spoken English,
According to the ALIMA salary scale + recognition of experience + Perdiem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to one month after the date of departure from the country of assignment for the employee and his/her dependants
- Evacuation for the employee and his/her dependants
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter online.
- Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. ALIMA reserves the right to close the vacancy early if an application is successful. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + covering letter) will be considered.
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2023.