International Finance Corporation (IFC) a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Job Code: req23468
Employment Type: Full time
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Duties And Accountabilities
- The Operations Officer’s role is to support MAS Africa Managers in coordinate middle office functions, including shared service, resources management and knowledge management. He/ She will work closely with the MAS Africa Managers to achieve operational excellence, business excellence and knowledge excellence.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting coordination of business planning, pipeline & portfolio, process improvement, project governance, quality of client materials and management reporting.
- Production of management information and data to support effective business management and decision taking. Promote continual process and data management improvement.
- Undertake periodic analysis and tailored reporting for management and coordinate the reporting to management team, including reporting on business performance, pipeline, etc.
- Coordinate portfolio management & operational reporting through regular standardized and ad hoc reporting on key performance indicators related to funding, clients, results, financials, etc.
- Coordinate project supervision cycle and work with PLs to oversee the submission of PSRs/PCRs/Donor reports within the deadline stipulated by the project governance framework.
- Support on the development of monitoring and supervision tools and trackers to oversee the project management process, pipeline, and portfolio management.
Resource Management Operations:
- Supporting setting of business strategy and priorities, financial sustainability including fundraising, deployment of human and financial resources.
- Oversee accuracy and quality of data and information as input to business unit and regional budgeting and strategic exercises, ensuring alignment to MAS and IFC strategic priorities.
- Maintain oversight of unidentified funding requirements for MAS Asia pipeline and portfolio of projects and available sources of funds, and related data reporting.
- Coordinate with regional donor partnerships team and MAS Advisory leads to support donor partnerships and fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate annual review of contingent staffing pool and maintain reporting and management information on of use of consultants.
Knowledge Management Operations:
- Coordinating knowledge and communications activities for business unit, overseeing knowledge office, and promoting MAS as knowledge leader.
- Support efforts to strengthen internal and external branding, including through webinars and events, publications, social media etc.; to promote IFC and project effectiveness & development impact.
- Engage with regional and global communications and knowledge management staff as required, to promote MAS work program.
- Maintain tools and resources and collaborate on planning to support project teams to engage in knowledge and communications activities.
Upstream & Advisory Project Management:
- Participate in business development and project implementation for clients in the manufacturing, agribusiness, and services sectors across the region.
- The successful candidate should have relevant experience and leadership supporting operational business management, project governance and resourcing.
The required qualifications and skills include:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in Business Management, Business Administration, Finance or Economics.
- 8+ years of working experience in business consulting or business management in a relevant sector.
- Ability to think strategically, combined with excellent research, synthesis, and writing skills; ability to communicate ideas clearly, confidently, and credibly.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to oversee multiple complex management and data reporting responsibilities.
- Team leadership and coordination experience.
- Credibility and seniority to work effectively with and engage multiple stakeholders across matrixed business unit.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online