Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient-centered environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first-class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Officer
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Day-to-day delivery of all facilities operations working with the locality admin and central office.
- Keep a database of equipment detailing Purchase Info, Specifications, Warranty, and manuals.
- Ensure equipment (Vehicles, Inverters, Air conditioners, Generators etc.) work optimally.
- Be actively involved in the procurement, repair and maintenance process:
- Source for technicians/engineers/vendors/3rd Party service providers,
- Obtain multiple quotes/invoices/bids, compare, and negotiate
- Initiate requests for approval,
- Inspect the supply/repairs and ensure the delivery note/work completion form is filled and properly filed.
- Assist the organization in keeping operations costs in check.
- Make requisitions for Office Supplies, Store Items, and Food Items and ensure stock controls are in place.
- Work with Security Guards, Cleaners, Drivers, and other operational staff to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Ensure the facility and its environs are kept clean and tidy; overgrown shrubs and grass are trimmed using lawnmowers and hedge trimmers.
- Inspect the Facilities (Building, Equipment, Furniture & Fittings) regularly, identify issues if any and perform minor on-site repairs.
- Manage relationships with Artisans, Vendors, Contractors and all service providers.
- Provide day-to-day operational assistance to departments and employees with concerns and or complaints.
- Ensure there’s a coordinated system for staff to document all operational requests/complaints affecting service delivery using the Complaints Book.
- Implement the maintenance schedule to ensure the periodic maintenance/servicing of all facility equipment and update the routine maintenance log as needed.
- Coordinate and oversee Installation, Repair and maintenance activities and ensure that work is completed on schedule and in line with work orders.
- Be handy and possess demonstrated competency in one or more of the following:
- Basic electrical fault finding and repair
- Plumbing repair and installation
- Air Conditioning Servicing and elementary fault finding
- Maintain accurate Records, regularly update Logs and prepare relevant Weekly/Monthly Reports.
- Be in charge of making subscriptions/renewals (Internet, Cable TV (DSTV), Water, etc.)
- Represent the organization in neighborhood groups and tenancy meetings.
- Ensure the facility is fully compliant with legal, health and safety requirements and regulations and best practices.
- Undertake other duties as required
- National Diploma / HND in Engineering, Project Management or any related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar role preferably in a healthcare sector
- Certifications in HSE or Procurement and Supply Management are desired
- Proactive, Willingness and able to learn
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and the willingness to travel
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have availability to work weekends and off-hours
- Must be able to lift heavy objects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.