Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The Field Engineer will be directly responsible for implementing all WASH related infrastructure activities and report directly to Programme Manager.
- The Field Engineer will maintain records of all field activities for the WASH infrastructure, develop weekly and monthly work plans, update and coordinate with PM/PC for all program/project activities.
- The Field Engineer then applies a service-oriented approach to ensure projects consistently apply best practices and improve utility impact on these SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE services.
- The Field Engineer will ensure the quality of material being used for the construction activities as per approved specification by Secours Islamique France.
- Work with Programme Manager and counterpart(s) in:
- Apply criteria for WASH construction site and beneficiaries’ selection.
- Verification of the appropriate standard materials used in WASH and other projects.
- With support from the PM ensure that project activities are implemented according to the approved design and parameters.
- Help in preparing BOQ and design, piloting strategy and design etc as and when required.
- Ensure timely and efficient monitoring of project activities.
- Provide technical assistance to community and skilled labour for rehabilitation of WASH related infrastructure.
- Arrange capacity building and O&M trainings for Water Management Committees / skilled labours.
- Preparation of attendance sheets, payment request for labours.
- Ensure water quality tests and follow project guidelines in the implementation of the project activities.
- Identify potential skilled labour and trained them as per approved designs and specification of WASH infrastructures.
- Conduct needs assessments of the current situation in the targeted area for the aspects linked with WASH issue to draw future interventions.
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives based on the indigenous knowledge of the communities and give recommendations in the writing of new WASH projects/proposal.
- Participation in the design of a hygiene awareness-raising and sanitation promotion strategy and implementation.
- Assist in the design and implementation of other complementary relief & rehabilitation interventions (including livelihoods, WASH, education, Shelter, DRR and emergency preparedness, etc.)
- Work in close cooperation with all key stakeholders including government authorities, community leaders, beneficiaries, and other providers of emergency relief/early recovery.
- Compile project reports highlighting project challenges and impact against indicators.
- Perform any other task assigned by Supervisor or/and Senior Management.
- Smooth operations and implementation of project activities.
- Technical feasibility and detail assessment of WASH activities.
- Capacity building and O&M Trainings of WMC.
- Preparation of BoQ and cost estimates.
- Ensure quality of material as per approved design and specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma of Associate Engineer preferably with a Civil Engineering background.
- 2-3 years of experience in project implementation, preferably with a focus on WASH related infrastructures. Water networks constructions experiences is an asset.
- Hygiene awareness-raising campaign implementation experiences.
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential).
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility.
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework) is an asset.
- Working experience with INGOs/NGOs is preferred, including training and provision of technical support to partners/communities.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, including sensitivity to local cultures.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
Deadline: 31st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.