Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna is a full Cooperate Institution with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Established by Decree 89 1979! Nursing and Midwifery employ specific Science and Skills to advance patients’ health and are among the most complicated fields in medicine. This is why Clinical education is an essential part of nursing and midwifery because it offers students an opportunity to convert conceptual knowledge into intellectual and psychological skills and then apply them in the dynamic of caring for patients.
Our College Clinical education comprises about half the training of nursing and midwifery students’ all of whom must be competent to apply their learned skills when they graduate. However, detecting significant issues in clinical education and addressing existing problems contribute to achieving the educational objective, of training nurses and midwives in offering quality care.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The College Librarian is the Chief Library Officer and shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and the coordination of the Library services under the teaching unit of the College.
- He/she is one of the Principal Officers of the College.
- In addition to proven experience in library management and leadership, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavors and must also be credible.
The candidate for the post must possess the following
- Master’s Degree from a well-recognized Institution in the Library Science or Library and Information Technology/Science, while possession of a Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) is an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of second class lower division Degree or a minimum of lower credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) in Library Science or Library and Information Science from a recognized Institution;
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years cognate experience in tertiary institution of which at least ten (10) years must have been gained in the system or similar institution.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in Library Policy Formulation, Good Human Relation, and Positive Managerial Attributes.
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/ bodies in Library recognized by Government;
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational/library conferences, seminars and workshops.
- A person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from any financial embarrassment.
- Proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
The Salary is COMPCASS and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the College as approved by the State Government.
Deadline: 9th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach fifteen (15) copies of all relevant documents / credentials to their applications with the following information:
- Full names (Surname first and underline)
- Date and place of Birth
- State and Local Government Area of Origin
- Marital status
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number(s) and Email Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academics and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Previous Employer(s) and Post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment to include Status, Duties and any other relevant experience gained
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications are to be addressed & submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna,
The Office of the Acting Provost,
Niger State College of Nursing Sciences,
Minna, Niger State.
- Applicants will be required to produce original copies of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for the interview as photocopies will not be accepted.
- A brief statement by the candidate reflecting on his/her suitability for the post.
- Applicants should request the three (3) Referees to forward their confidential reports directly to “The office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry for Tertiary Education, Minna, through the Office of the Acting Provost, Niger State College of Nursing Sciences, Minna”.
- Only shortlisted candidates / applicants would be contacted, please.