Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Control Field Specialist – Industrial & Energy Technology (IET)
Job Requisition ID: R100295
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
As a Control Field Specialist in the IET business, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Control panel commissioning, logic modifications, loop & functional checks, panel certification and upgrades.
- Providing Technical clarification and supervision to the client on BH rotating equipment (HDGT, Aero GT and Compressors).
- Supervision of all troubleshooting, commissioning, and startup activities of BH products (HDGT, Aero GT and Compressors) as related to Control engineering during outages.
- Direct interfacing with BH Engineering on all matters relating to equipment reliability, operations, maintenance, and failure analysis.
- Providing direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives.
- Coordinating and overseeing work at the field site, providing quality service to the customer.
- Collaborating with others crew members to the Installation and/or Maintenance activities of Customer Equipment in the Field at Customer Sites.
- Executing all required responsibilities safely and as instructed by direct supervisors and following all IET Service applicable processes and procedures.
- Providing all required records of all activities accomplished at Customer Site to the Baker Hughes IET Supervisor and promotes and maintains good team relations.
- Making recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify future needs.
- Overseeing, overhaul, troubleshooting, commissioning, and start-up of rotating equipment (Baker Hughes portfolio products) at customer sites
- Coordinating the cleanup, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Conducting all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Core Values (HSE, Quality and Compliance).
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Turbomachinery Controls system and field instrumentation.
- Be capable to demonstrate strong working experience on at least two of the following GE/BH control systems – MKV, MKVI, MKVIe, Rx3i, GE Fanuc.
- Be capable to demonstrate experience in commissioning & startup of a GE or BH Turbomachinery equipment with Speedtronics MKV, MKVI, MKVIe, RX3i, or GE Fanuc control system.
- Be capable of working independently as a Control specialist and field Instrumentation specialist.
- Have experience working on Turbomachinery equipment – Heavy Duty Gas Turbine, Aeroderivative Gas Turbines, Centrifugal compressors, etc.
- Be willing to travel for work up to 70% of the time.
- Have good Functional / Technical, Customer Focus, Communication, Interpersonal, and Team working skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Standard working schedule supporting the client’s needs.
- Development trainings applicable to your role and related products.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online