ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services, and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Requisition ID: 16278
Location: Abuja, Nigeria with national and business trips
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Mini Grids
Division: Energy Access
Contract Type: Permanent
Business Unit: GBU Flexible Gen & Retail
Reporting line: Technical & Operations Manager, Mini Grids
- The Operations Officer will play a support role during the operational phase of developed mini-grids.
- He/she will be responsible for project documentation, preparation of reports during operation phase and provide desktop support for mini-grid operations.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
Operation & Maintenance Phase:
- Ensure proper functioning of mini-grids 24/7.
- Ensure all sites are properly monitored and are well maintained.
- Liaise with local operators in mini-grid sites to collate information on site for reporting.
- Follow up on procurements and ensure timely supply & delivery of materials to site for O&M.
- Follow quotes and invoicing in connection with the operations of the mini grids.
- Provide support to local operators during periodic site maintenance.
- Provide support on the metering platform and the maintenance of smart meters.
- Provide support to local operators in solving technical issues with customers.
- Work with local operators to connect additional customers.
- Train Local Operators on O&M best practices and implementation while ensuring compliance with the HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) rules on site.
- Monitor mini-grid performance to identify opportunities for optimizing demand.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Ensure that mobile payment, SMS communication to customers and the internet connection of the metering system are still functional.
Required Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following competences:
- Educational Background – Electrical Engineering background.
- Previous Work Experience – Minimum of 1 year of experience working on projects is required.
- Computer Skills – Excellent command in office suites such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required. Experience with Microsoft Project and AutoCAD is desirable.
- Be passionate about innovation and technology.
- Be methodical and have an eye for detail.
- Be able to meet deadlines, get organized and carry out several tasks in parallel.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate a great sense of initiative and sense of prioritization.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Commit to upholding high standards of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate humility, honesty, and flexibility.
- Ability and proven experience in thinking creatively, team play and interpersonal skills.
- Time management- ability to meet deadlines in construction & operation environment.
- Ability to produce timely and concise reports.
- Willingness to travel and work on site for a long duration of time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths.