The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Supervisor
- The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
Protection of Beneficiaries and Community Members
- Level 3: The incumbent is responsible for the application of HR processes and may be required to conduct field visits. He/She may therefore be in contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good conduct will be required. In situations where the impossibility of providing a criminal record or a certificate of good conduct is established, a declaration on honor will be requested.
Tasks & Responsabilities
Mission and Principal Activities
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Assigns work, provides direction to Cleaners and cooks and ensures that assigned tasks are completed.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Maintains staff and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Monitors the performance of the staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies locally, screening resumes, interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- He captures the variable elements of the payroll in HRIS ODOO
- He receives requests of advances and leave and records them on ODOO upon validation of the Admin manager,
- He collects the attendance timesheets and notes the various absences, collects overtime cards and checks their validity, and enters these in the Odoo payroll software.
- He has checked and targeted salary listings by the l-administration project administration manager,
- It prints the bulletins and closes the pay of the month.
- At the end of the contract, he establishes the balances of all accounts
- It verifies the rights to paid holidays, enters the variable elements of the salary into the payroll software,
- He/she prints payslips and gives to staffs and files acknowledged copy
- He causes these elements to be targeted and transmitted to the employee.
Administrative and Accounting Management:
- He/she in charge of accounting management under the supervision of the Project administration manager and under the responsibility of the finance manager, in strict compliance with ALIMA internal procedures
- He reports the inconsistencies to the project Administration manager.
- He/she is responsible for the sums entrusted to him in his petty cash Box and manages them with discretion
- Signals with his supervisor any operational changes that may require additional funds.
- He shall pay the suppliers on time (direct payment / operational advances),
- Receives invoices and receipts, ensures that they are consistent and conform, that they are validated by the purchasing officer and in accordance with the purchasing procedure in force,
- Informs his supervisor of any difference in price and quantity detected in order to resolve or validate it,
- Pay by the most appropriate means (cash, checks, transfers) and ensure that they are received by the recipient (stamp, signature).
- Ensure confidentiality of records and information of ALIMA.
- Maintains follow-up workbooks (for operational advances, payroll, suppliers’ advances) and ensures that advances are delivered on time, justified by invoices and do not accumulate,
- Ensures at least weekly that his physical inventory corresponds to the balance of his cashbook and the saga in the presence of the Admin manager,
- Checks the balance of bank statements,
- Report any difference in cash on his cashbook to his/her manager as soon as he/she find out.
- Plans cash demands based on daily needs during the month (payday advances, month-end pay, daily needs – operational advances and direct payment
- Provides monthly cash flow with its supervisor and communicates it to the financial coordinator,
- Performs other responsibilities as could be required by the Admin manager or project coordinator.
Qualification Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or any management-related Degree.
- 2 years’ experience in the same or similar position with an INGO
- Knowledge of Saga, HRIS Odoo, Homere is an asset
- Good knowledge of computers is a most (excel, words, power point outlook)
- Stress management
- Team management skills
- Ability to work for extended hours of time and under pressure.
- Mission and local language required.
- Contract term: contract under Nigerian law, 6 months, renewable. Level 06.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 11th December, 2023.