The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Finance Associate – UNOCHA
Requisition ID: 15576
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Grade Level: G6
Reports to: The Administration and Finance Analyst (NOA)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administration and Finance Analyst (NOA), the Administrative and Finance Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
Supports the implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of activities with UN/UNDP/OCHA rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provides inputs to OCHA’s business processes mapping and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provides inputs to the workplan.
Supports the functioning of the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination human resources related activities including support on recruitment activities;
- Coordination of admin and HR arrangements;
- Performing Travel Administrator, Requisitioner role in OCHA UMOJA ERP system for preparation of POs, travel and other administrative functions. In addition, prepare payments, service entry sheets, good receipts related to approved POs into Umoja.
- Verification and recording R n R, all types of leaves, attendance records of the Field Staff members with related reconciliation;
- Management of up-to-date accounting system/records to ensure timely, accurate and reliable monthly financial reporting;
- Monitor expenditure levels under the approved Cost Plan/Quarterly Financial Authorizations and prepare monthly reconciliations with UNDP charges for all payments/expenditures.
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies contributions to the common services account
- Update HR documents on regular basis;
- Provide routine Administrative & logistical support to the all units/staff on all matters related to general office administration, transport, protocol/visas applications, duty free privileges & custom clearances for office goods and for staff personal effects
Provides effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Manage petty cash, maintaining accurate and complete records and receipts and ensuring that replenishment is done in a timely manner. In collaboration with the Country Office submit expenditure report for replenishment.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that office inventory database is updated on regular basis and that both the financial and physical status of all office Non-Expendable Properties is regularly reported
- Maintenance of records on assets management;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- A University Degree in Business or Public Administration is desirable
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in in business, public administration, logistics, programme support service or other related area is required.
- Experience on Administration/Operations is required
- Experience in computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) is required in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is desirable.
- Fluency in witten and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of at least the local language is desirable.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation etc.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
Planning & Organizing:
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th January, 2024 (05:59 AM).