The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FAC Residential Maintenance Supervisor – All Interested Candidates (Maintenance Supervisor)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2024-007
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- The incumbent is responsible for managing a multi-trade skilled and unskilled maintenance team that provides building maintenance and repair services for all Government-Owned and Short-Term Lease residences, including all associated critical operational equipment. Critical equipment includes, but is not limited to: all residential electrical systems, generators, HVAC, switch gear, potable water systems and sanitary waste systems.
- Recommends replacement or renewal of equipment and structures based on repair records and costs.
- Develops and implements an effective preventative maintenance program, prioritizes workloads, coordinates and schedules assigned make ready and renovation projects.
- Troubleshoots unforeseen conditions, evaluates maintenance repair problems and provides efficient, cost-effective, innovative solutions and responds to emergency situations as needed. Maintains quality control over maintenance and repair operations to ensure efficiency and that maintenance repairs are carried out according to established best trade practices and safety procedures. Incumbent also has contact with all staff at the Consul General Residence. Ensures all personnel conform to established safety and health policies, procedures, properly utilizes appropriate personnel protective equipment as required by the job activity.
- Should accidents, illness, or injuries occur, ensure that the Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer or their designee and other appropriate officials are informed.
- S/he performs other duties as may be assigned. May be required to operate vehicles for movement of employee to emergency serviced. When requires coordinate with local vendors or services companies to obtain required service or obtain information.
- Prepares Scopes of Work and Independent Government Cost Estimates for Minor Construction Improvement and Maintenance and Repair (M&R) projects for both in-house staff and larger contracted out services.
- Reviews contract drawings, generates building material lists for procurement, and submit status reports on various aspects of maintenance and repair operations.
- Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative, Subject Matter Expert and/or Government Technical Monitor during contract construction period. Communicates with all levels to coordinate modification of the existing structure or building for improvement repairs and refurbishment projects. Coordinates M&R projects with local building managers on leased properties in coordination with General Services Office Housing Team. After project completion, provides detailed input to the Contracting Officer for contractor performance evaluation during contract closeout.
- Develops an in-depth working knowledge of the general contractual and detailed requirements of renovation and repairs contracts that are post managed.
- Reviews invoices to ensure accuracy and advises the Facility Manager and the Assistant Facility Manager of discrepancies.
- The incumbent evaluates all residential incoming scheduled and unscheduled work orders to ensure work is assigned and completed by date/priority, reviews completed work orders to ensure labor and material usage data is accurately completed.
- Conducts quality assurance to determine if the work was performed as requested, completed properly and in accordance with maintenance checklists and all required spare parts levels are maintained for all residential properties and Unites States Government installed equipment.
- In coordination with the Work Order Clerk and Administrative Assistant, submits announcements informing customers of all recurring preventative maintenance, projects, interruption of services or emergencies handles by Facility Management. Conducts weekly safety inspection of shop spaces and ensures personnel comply with department safety procedures.
- Maintains and monitors performance of contracting project such as painting, renovations, and construction. Supervises preparation and installation needs for official functions such as lighting requirement, electrical power, decorations, setting up of sound system, tents and canopies as needed, coordinates custodial services as required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- All selected candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
- All selected candidates will be subject to a background investigation and, may be subject to a pre-employment medical exam.
- Selected candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- You will be evaluated against the qualifications and requirements in this vacancy announcement.
- You may be asked to complete a pre-employment language or skills test.
- You must complete the application form and provide the required documents. Your application must address all the position qualification and requirements including education, experience, language, and any knowledge/skills/abilities listed. If you fail to submit a complete application, then your application may be disqualified for this position.
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressive experience of repair, maintenance, and installation of building services (electricity, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, metalworks) including at least two (2) years experience managing and supervising a multi-trade workforce in required.
USD $24,328 / Per Year
Deadline: 8th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online