Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply and Logistics Assistant
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Internal Job Grade: E1- national
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Job Family: Supply and Logistics
Reporting to: Supply and Logistics Officer
- Supports the Logistics Unit to carry out administrative tasks.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with Oxfam’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Supports Logistics Officer in the management of suppliers and updating of database.
- Provide day to day update on procurement related issues.
- Coordination and Management of diesel supply and reporting of minimum stock for replenishment.
- Updating of Logistics procurement tracker.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Carry out other Logistics responsibilities as delegated.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Identification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document Oxfam Novib standard procedures and practices of purchasing and promote accountability of resources.
- Management of Stationaries store and provide stock level for replenishment.
- Raising of requisition via EPO.
- Compile a detailed Bid Analysis and submit to the Supply & Logistics Officer for review.
- Prepares Purchase Orders (PO) for the successful bidder following approval of the bid analysis and makes sure that contracts, when needed, are properly signed, and filed.
- Follow up and update asset database on regular basis.
- To support logistics in sharing RFQ to potential service providers.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree or Higher National Diploma
- High level skills of Office Packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organising and documentation skills.
- Able to work in a diverse team.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the main local languages widely spoken in northern Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Oxfam policies, procedure, and systems.
- Professional accreditation certification in supply chain management, warehousing, fleet management, logistics or facilities management.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th January, 2024.