Lily Hospitals is one of Nigeria’s growing networks of private healthcare institutions with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent clinical services. Since our inception under the current management (1998), we have remained at the forefront of providing and delivering quality patient-centered, responsive, and technology-driven care across various locations in Nigeria to both citizens and foreign nationals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for day to day cash, income and petty expenses administration.
- The role is also responsible for treatment and handling of vendor invoices for payments scheduling.
- Also, other roles as may be assigned by the Head of Accounts/ Financial Controller/ Chief Financial Officer.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, cheque and credit/debit card transactions on the accounting software/HMS
- Maintain adequate record of all such cash, cheque and credit/debit card transactions for future reference
- Manage an accurate and up to date hospital income record by sending and receiving bank cheques and documenting all relevant transactions.
- Ensure proper and adequate record of hand over of cash, cheque and pos print outs
- Prepare regular (weekly) cash flow report for management review when required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patients’ and hospital’s financial information.
- Petty cash management and disbursement.
- Issuance of receipt to patients for payments of services rendered by the organization.
- Accurately credit client/patient accounts and debit the cash or cheque control account on the Accounting software.
- Record accounting transactions on the financial reporting software (LiTra) and carry out bank reconciliations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate documents in the accounts/cash office.
- You shall comply with all the provisions of Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
- Lodgment of cash and cheque into the corporate accounts, this may happen sometimes.
- To keep custody of cash and cheques received until bank lodgment
- Ensure good working conditions of the PoS, cash safe and other relevant tools used for the role.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Managing financial transactions
- Tracking expenses
- Financial reports are accurate and timely
- Monitor and manage account balances.
- Reconcile invoices and receipts.
- Minimum academic qualification of an HND / B.Sc in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or any related degree.
- 2-5-years relevant work experience.
- Age : 23-30 years
- Excellent customer service skills
- ICAN Certification
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and practices.
- Full working Knowledge of the Microsoft office package is required especially with spreadsheet software (Excel).
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills are required for this role.
Deadline: 19th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.