Rush Right Limited is a trailblazing infrastructure and service company committed to driving social and economic growth in Nigeria through innovative solutions. We prioritize sustainability and leverage cutting-edge expertise in construction, energy, engineering, procurement, technology, and agro-allied services to exceed expectations and build a better future for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Public Relations Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Communications and Public Relations Officer is expected to lead the design and implementation of a robust and fit-for-purpose communications and public relations strategy for the organisation.
- Core roles will include writing press releases, news stories (journalism standard) developing featured articles, and managing the company’s social media platforms via updating daily activities and operations of the organisation to project a positive image of the company.
- Develop and implement the communications strategy for the company, ensuring integration and alignment with the company’s strategy, and targeting key audiences to build profile and support for operations of the company.
- Provide technical, editorial, documentation, media, and communication support during company events.
- Develop compelling news stories, press releases and feature articles that reinforce the brand of the company.
- Manage the delivery of core communications resources and assets, including reports, briefings, factsheets, profiles.
- Provide technical advice and support to staff in planning and developing relevant information and communications products and organize in-house media training for staff, as necessary.
(External Communications and Media Engagement):
- Maintain the company’s positive profile through impactful media and outreach campaigns across key external online and offline communications channels.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with targeted online, print and broadcast journalists, editorial writers, bloggers, and columnists, as well as other media influencers, and mobilize them for the company’s events
- Initiative proactive measures to anticipate, prevent, and limit brand attacks by implementing effective media monitoring and crisis communications strategies.
- Oversee and manage the program’s digital media strategy, ensuring that social media channels content are updated and engaging.
- Oversee monitoring of the current and future news agenda to identify and exploit communications opportunities, manage press enquiries and pursue opportunities for promoting the company.
- Oversee management of media contact database and execute and monitor media strategies and activities, including press conferences, one-to-one briefings, press releases, and other written materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related fields
- Cognate work experience in communications,, media, and public relations
- Deep understanding of communications and public relations principles – strategy & execution
- Proven skills in writing, editing, and proofreading
- Expert use of Microsoft Office Applications – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications; Cloud data storage tools – Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive; etc
- Social media knowledge and experience – adept at using major social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity
- Experience working with diverse team including web developers, journalists, and graphic artists.
- Good command of English – possess excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, client management, and social skills.
N120,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Deadline: 14th February, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and samples of written news, stories / press releases and feature articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email