Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrician – Niger Mills
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- To support operational efficiency and achievement of the business objectives by carrying out repair and preventive maintenance on assigned machines and locations.
- Promptly attend to any electrical faults on production lines with minimum time required.
- Periodically carry out preventive and corrective maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Maintain power systems in line with schedules both on site and residence.
- Effectively comply and align with all HSE rules, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) and regulatory standards.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Carry out analysis of all automation systems and troubleshoot problems to aid effective maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and replace Faulty electrical components of machines such as frequency drives, motors programmable logic controllers, etc.
- Actively participate in installation and commissioning of equipment, modification and calibration as the need arises.
- Handle utility maintenance such as electric motor maintenance and repairs, pumps, fans, compressors, blowers, capacitor banks, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- NABTEB / Trade Test.
- 5 O’ Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of flour milling machines and maintenance.
- Demonstrable experience on utilities maintenance and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems.
- OND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering is an added advantage.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self motivated and able to work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Have great organizational and time management abilities.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly versatile in electrical troubleshooting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply