ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising Advisor
Overall Job Purpose
- The position holder will be responsible for conceptualising and implementing innovative and creative fundraising actions and initiatives to support the growth of ActionAid Nigeria’s funding base.
- S/he will be involved in coordinating project management amongst staff and ActionAid governance structure towards the successful implementation of special fundraising outreaches.
- S/he should be dynamic, people-focused, highly innovative, a team player, a fantastic communicator and can grasp what’s important to potential donors/supporters and leadership.
- This role requires continuous engagement with people, including individuals, corporates and high value partners.
- Research and identify potential fundraising opportunities to support organisational funding needs, monitor progress, and explore alternative resources.
- Provide regular reports and monthly updates to the team on fundraising duties and events.
- Conceptualise innovative ideas to effectively mobilise resources for the organisation, establishing a donor database for strategic relationship-building.
- Monitor events and programmes for fundraising opportunities and potential partnerships.
- Develop comprehensive fundraising activity plans for regular giving and coordinate fundraising events and activities, liaising with key stakeholders and third-party organisations.
- Devise and implement various fundraising initiatives, including corporate fundraising programmes, employer gift matching, and annual giving campaigns.
- Identify, build, and re-establish relationships with major corporate organisations and potential donors.
- Solicit and secure cash or in-kind donations from individuals, businesses, or corporate donors during events, meetings, and conferences.
- Manage and supervise fundraising volunteers, and delegates task to Volunteers to make sure that each is able to perform efficiently and productively, ensuring targets are met.
- Harness networks and contacts to build working relationships with potential funders and supporters.
- Liaise with the Supporter Services Advisor to provide regular updates to supporters signed on from the innovative fundraising projects.
- Responsible for coordinating the management of potential supporters for long term programme of donation and fundraising opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of reports to the Governance structure.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of all contractual agreements with donors and supporters.
- Ensure effective performance management of all line staff.
- Facilitate capacity building for staff on fundraising and supporter/donor management.
- Visit communities and participate in relevant AAN activities towards influencing resource mobilisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application form and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for the application form (MS Word)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
- Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
Application Deadline 12th February, 2024.