The Conflict Research Network West Africa (CORN-West Africa) is a knowledge platform for scholars and policy analysts working in the field of armed conflict, political violence, and peacebuilding in West Africa. The Network support researchers based in West Africa to collaborate beyond their institutional affiliations, publish in leading journals and participate in policy debates and processes based on the outcomes of their research. Working with scholars within the network, CORN West Africa also collaborate with relevant local and international institutions to conduct research on armed conflict, political violence, and peacebuilding in countries across West Africa.Operations Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are hiring a full-time operations manager to oversee operations of the Network and grow our research community.
- We are looking for an individual with excellent non-profit programme management, planning experience, and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will work closely with management and our team of researchers and represent the Network.
- The candidate should have interest in research and knowledge of how research projects are managed and implemented.
- The successful candidate will provide the following support to the Network:
- Develop the membership database, recruit new researchers into the Network, and liaise and coordinate the research and dissemination activities of members of CORN West Africa.
- You will be a key contributor to securing funding for CORN’s research agenda, with a strong focus on peacebuilding and political violence. Your role in this will focus on identifying research funding opportunities, liaise with the Director of Research and Head of Research clusters to develop new research proposals, and provide technical support (budgeting, workplans etc.) to teams developing new research proposals.
- The successful candidate will actively build new partnerships. This will involve collaboration with researchers, policymakers, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders to advance CORN’s research and policy influencing goals.
- The successful candidate will facilitate the dissemination of research conducted by CORN and members of the Network. This will involve organizing/coordinating workshops, conferences, symposiums, webinars and publications.
- A postgraduate Degree (Master’s or PhD) in a relevant field, with experience working with social scientists, especially peace and conflict researchers, economists, political scientists, and sociologists.
- Exceptional organisational and management capabilities with experience in the research industry.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in non-profit programme management and/or research positions.
- Proven experience in developing and managing research projects, including writing research proposals, securing funding, and managing budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in French and other West African languages is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- This position is based in Abuja. The candidate will be required to report periodically to CORN’s office in Abuja.
- It is possible for the candidate to work from home, subject to the approval of management.
Remuneration and Tenure
- Salary will be based on the profile and experience of the selected candidate.
- The selected candidate will receive a renewable contract for an initial period of one year. This contract will be renewed subject to the performance of the candidate and availability of resources.
Deadline: 23rd February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.