At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries
united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Job Title: Cargo Controller
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse, learning, competitive and professional organization, which offers real opportunities for personal development and in depth insights into the operation of a modern container terminal.
You will work closely with a professional team and will gain significant experience to further build career opportunities with the global organization of APM Terminals
• Monitor vessel schedules and keep abreast of all changes for timely follow up with the lines.
• Pull out the list of empties in the yard size / type and have the same sent to the line 24hrs prior vessel arrival.
• Request for an empty recap for loading per POD / Size / Type and have them linked in the system as per FIFO.
• Ensure that all information for imports are received ( ICD’s / BL ) and linked in the system as per group codes.
• Day to day communication with respect to any queries handled and informed to the lines during the shift.
• Any and all amendments / queries request received from the lines action taken without any delays.
• Upon gates opening, monitor the movements and liaise with the line.
• Upon gates closure, immediately have the intended load list pulled out and sent to the lines for confirmation.
• Follow up for receiving the inbound BAPLIE as per deadlines stipulated.
• Ensure that BAPLIE is uploaded and verified for any discrepancies.
• Performs others duties as required.
Who we are looking for
Requires a University degree
Requires at least three years of experience in container terminal operations environment.
Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
Requires general knowledge of berthing planning process and related documentation.
Requires knowledge of container vessel stowage and stability criteria.
Approach to work: Works well independently without close supervision. Adapts to changing priorities or unexpected situations. Takes ownership of work. Meet daily challenges with a positive open mind. Strive to improve deadlines for completion of operation.
Organizational Focus: Responds to priorities and keeps informed all the loop of all the changes. Respects internal information and maintains confidentiality.
Communication: Keeps relevant people informed shares knowledge, ideas and information openly with the organization.
Cost Focused: Demonstrates cost consciousness. Strives to improve constantly cost control.
Drive / Energy: Generates high volumes of relevant work, able to sustain high levels of activity. Work with businesslike approach to daily challenges. Make difference every day at work “No detail too small, no effort too great”.
Technical / Functional: Demonstrates knowledge of technical / functional aspects of work. Provides assistance to others. Good reporting and registration capability. Ability to use the Terminal Operating System to the maximum.
How to Apply