Patroller Job at Lafarge Group – WAPCO Operations
Lafarge Group – Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in
building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the “Carbon Disclosure Project” in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world’s leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Patroller
To determine the status of operation, equipment breakdown and stoppages and repair works through reading of records of outgoing shift and receive instruction from the Raw Miller and Shift Coordinator and other information for appropriate actions and other jobs relating to the efficient running of the plants.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Comply with company and safety policies, rules and regulations, standard operating procedures
2. Ensure that the first level inspection is carried out always
3. Read record of outgoing shift to determine status of operation, equipment breakdown and stoppages, and repair works
4. Receives instruction from the raw Miller and shift coordinator and other information for appropriate actions
5. Makes inspections round of section under him ensuring personnel are properly performing their assigned work
6. Checks lubrication, temperature, cooling system, and pressure on major machinery, euqipment and auxilliaries so as to operate under normal condition
7. Takes note of abdnormal or unusual operation and determines causes and make necessary corrections or adjustments per instruction of the Raw Miller and Shift Coordinator
8. Report malfunctions, defects or breakdown of machinery, equipment and auxilliaries to Raw Miller and shift Coordinator
9. Coordinates with mechanical, electrical and instrumentation personnel on activities for preventive and corrective maintenance schedules ensuring repairs works are done properly
10. Makes follow up of plans, schedule of non-routinary work such as minor repairs and maintenance activities
11. Assign replacement for absent, on leave personnel and recommends overtime work when necessary
12. Reports equipment performance, abnormalities and malfunctions and helps out in the repair and maintenance work
13. Assist raw Miller in start up of machinery, equipment and auxiliaries as per instructions
14. Direct replacement of worn out filter bags of dust collector, making minor repairs such as replacing or tigtening bolts and belt drives or other simple repair works
15. Attends seminars and training program as may be instructed by the superior
16. Comply with Environmental and Quality System Programs specific task as defined in the program applicable to the Area
17. Perform other related duties as may be assigned to from time to time by the superior in the attainment of departmental objectives
Essential & Desirable Skills
Technical competencies :
OND, Trade Test, or equivalent in production, Mechanical/electrical engineering with 35 years of experience in Cement Plant
must have inspection knowhow
Behavioural competencies :
must have good interpersonal relationship
must have planning instinct
must have a logical reasoning and approach to issues
Managerial competencies :
must have good communication skills
must have team spirit
must have safety skills and knowledge
must have report writing skills
How to Apply
Click here to apply online.